Subject: [ipcdn] A question on "docsIfCmtsModChannelType" field in "docsIfCmtsModu lationEntry"

From: Li Yuanqian-MGIA0534 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:12:04 -0500

Colleagues:
During the investigation of the DOCSIS 2.0 upstream channel MIB features, we
come upon a couple of questions regarding the docsIfCmtsModulationEntry of
the docsIfCmtsModulationTable.  

The MAIN question is:

1. Should the value of "docsIfCmtsModChannelType" be the same for all the
entries in a modulation table?

Also, If the answer to this question is NO, then a second question would
arise:

2. Should a type like "DocsisUpstreamTypeStatus" be used in the place of
"DocsisUpstreamType" for the "docsIfCmtsModChannelType" field of the
"docsIfCmtsModulationEntry"? 

If the "docsIfCmtsModChannelType" value can be configured individually for
each "docsIfCmtsModulationEntry", then  there seem to be no need for
"tdmaAndAtdma" being among the possible choices of the values for the
docsIfCmtsModChannelType. It is not that it is wrong to have "tdmaAndAtdma",
it is that one can do without ever a need to use this particular value.

Any help, especially to the main question, will be greatly appreciated!
Jeff Li

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn