Subject: [ipcdn] Question on on IETF Signaling MIB

From: "Kumar, Satish" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 04:49:22 +0530

Gordon,
 In signaling MIB I can see TWO identical MIBS pktcSigDevRsCadence and
pktcSigDevRingSplashCadence

How does these TWO differ? Please throw some light on this.  For me both
looks same and doing same functionality!

Thanks,
Satish Kumar
Texas Instruments
=====
pktcSigDevRsCadence     OBJECT-TYPE  
       SYNTAX       PktcRingCadence  
       MAX-ACCESS   read-write  
       STATUS       current  
       DESCRIPTION  
           " This object specifies ring cadence rs (a user defined 
             field) where each bit represents a duration of 100 
             milliseconds (6 seconds total), except the LSB 4 bits 
             which are used to represent repeatable characteristics. 
             The MTA MUST reject any attempt to make this object 
             repeatable." 
       DEFVAL {{ interval1, interval2, interval3, interval4, interval5,  
                 repeat1 }} 
       -- 11111000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 
       -- 01000 
       ::= { pktcSigDevConfigObjects 22 }  

pktcSigDevRingSplashCadence    OBJECT-TYPE  
       SYNTAX       OCTET STRING (SIZE(2..28))  
       MAX-ACCESS   read-write  
       STATUS       current  
       DESCRIPTION  
           " This is the Ring Cadence Octet String for splash ring. The 
             first octet of the bit string represents the length in 
             bits of the duration of the cadence. Each Bit after the 
             first octet represents 50 ms and 1 represents ring and 0 
             represents silent. The first bit of the second octet is 
             the first bit of the ring cadence. Only 216 Bits can be 
             set total to represent 10800 ms of total cadence cycle."  
       ::= { pktcSigDevConfigObjects  34 } 
=======

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn