Subject: [ipcdn] concluding work on draft-ietf-ipcdn-igmp-mib-04.txt

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:30:57 -0600

Folks,

The ipcdn IGMP MIB for docsis systems' Internet-Draft is expired and was
last updated in 2002 with draft-ietf-ipcdn-igmp-mib-04.txt. At the
Vienna meeting, we requested WG input on this draft and announced our
intent to withdraw & stop the ipcdn IGMP mib. See IETF#57 meeting notes.
Stopping this work item was considered by the wg chairs and motivated
by:
   a) no activity on the draft & no volunteer to solve MIB doctor
      comments since August 14, 2002;
   b) inability to find operators interested in using this MIB
      mechanism to configure & monitor IGMP using a specific ipcdn
      IGMP MIB even though there is product support for some vendors;
   c) ipcdn Atlanta rule: no updates in more than 2 IETF meetings.
   
We have received additional feedback from cable/docsis operators
deploying multicast and they are not using the docsis igmp MIB to
configure or monitor multicast. In addition, we have received no input
from WG participants. 

In conclusion, our decision is to terminate this work item as of August
28, 2003. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We expect
no further notes on this matter.

-- Rich Woundy and Jean-Francois Mule, IPCDN co-chairs

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn