Subject: [ipcdn] IPCDN WG meeting minutes for IETF #57

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:21:25 -0600

Final meeting minutes attached for IETF proceedings.

(for wg: the enclosed minutes are identical to the ones sent to the list
on 7/17 - no comments were received).

---------------------
IETF IPCDN Meeting
Vienna, Austria
Wednesday July 16, 2003

Reported by Azlina Ahmad ([email-masked])
         and Kevin Luehrs ([email-masked])
Edited by Jean-Francois Mule' ([email-masked])

--- WG Meeting Summary
--- ------------------
Fifteen attendees of the IP over Cable Data Networks WG met
at the Vienna IETF on July 16, 2003. The WG discussed the status of its
updated work items, that is the 11 Internet-Draft updates released since
the last meeting: two drafts for DOCSIS MIBs, three drafts for
PacketCable/IPCablecom, and six drafts for CableHome. We also discussed
some considerations on the DOCSIS IGMP MIB ID. Total meeting time was
about one hour.

Meeting materials will be provided as part of the IETF proceedings and
are also posted at http://www.ipcdn.org/meetings.html

- Summary of decisions made
  (e.g., document accepted as WG item,
    documents ready for IETF LC, etc.)

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-bpiplus-mib-10.txt
    pending resolution of 2 open issues (see action items below), the
    bpi+ ID is ready for WGLC. Expected ID update by
    end of August/early September'03 and launch of WGLC shortly after.

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-11.txt
    draft is ready for a new WGLC (given the latest changes). There was
    no objections from the WG.

  o expired draft-ietf-ipcdn-igmp-mib-04.txt
    Considerations & request for input were brought up by WG chair
    during the meeting: the proposal is to simply withdraw & stop the
    ipcdn IGMP mib. This proposal is being considered by the wg chairs
    and motivated by:
      a) no activity on the draft & no volunteer to solve MIB doctor
         comments since August 14, 2002;
      b) inability to find operators interested in using this MIB
         mechanism to configure & monitor IGMP using a specific ipcdn
         IGMP MIB even though there is product support for some vendors;
      c) ipcdn Atlanta rule: no updates in more than 2 IETF meetings.
    A decision will be made by the chairs by 8/14/03 based on solicited
    input.

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-01.txt
    awaiting end of WGLC that is 7/18/03.

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-01.txt
    awaiting end of WGLC that is 7/18/03.
    list of oustanding issues is available on ipcdn and was sent to the
    list; resolution of those issues is the next step; there was no
    comments on the list of issues during the IETF 57 meeting; see AI6.

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess-02.txt
    draft needs to be reviewed, especially alignment with RFC2669 &
    Syslog MIB ID. See AI7 below.

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-gateway-addressing-mib-00.txt
  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-gateway-config-mib-00.txt
  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-gateway-device-mib-00.txt
  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-gateway-qos-mib-00.txt
  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-gateway-security-mib-00.txt
  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-gateway-tools-mib-00.txt
    CableHome IDs need to be reviewed, have been submitted for ipcdn
    consideration & feedback since October 2002. Call for Volunteers.

- Summary of Action Items (AI), [owner] of action item, and target date
  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-bpiplus-mib-10.txt
     AI1: send detailed response to ipcdn list detailing how Bert's
          comments were addressed in draft-10; [jfm] 7/18/03
     AI2: co-authors to address 2 remaining open issues and release
          draft-11; [Alex Katnelson - CableLabs] 8/31/03
          a) Explain why for some objects enum values start with 0
             (docsBpi2CmtsAuthCmBpiVersion, docsBpi2CmtsTEKSAType)
          b) Split compliance statement into 2, 1 for CM, 1 for CMTS
     AI3: wg chairs to launch bpiplus WGLC; [chairs] 9/1/03

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-11.txt
     AI4: wg chairs to launch WGLC after IETF 57 meeting;
          [chairs] 8/1/03 (=start date of WGLC)

  o expired draft-ietf-ipcdn-igmp-mib-04.txt
     AI5: wg chairs to announce decision on draft withdrawal; [chairs]
          8/14/03

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-01.txt
     AI6: resolve list of documented oustanding issues; [Gordon Beacham]
          8/31/03

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess-02.txt
     AI7: review draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess-02.txt; [Azlina Ahmad]
          8/15/03

  o CableHome IDs
     AI8: co-chairs to call for volunteers to review CH drafts by 8/1/03
          with the goal to have 2 assignments for each ID by 8/15/03.
          [chairs]

- Review of the charter milestones to verify they are still correct
    IPCDN WG charter milestones as available on IETF site are completely
    out of date.

- Review of current charter:
    Updated charter proposal for IESG approval has been sent to ADs.