Subject: [ipcdn] draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-Sigmib-01.txt clarifications

From: "Kumar, Satish" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:01:39 +0530

Jean, Gordon,

 Requesting clarifications on the below issues.

1.The MIB pktcSigDevToneFreqType describes how the frequencies are applied.
For "allFrequenciesModulated(4)" it does not specify the type of modulation
used, i.e. is it amplitude modulation, frequency modulation, phase
modulation?? Please clarify the type of modulation be used here.  

2. In pktcSigDevToneType, is the "alerting signal(29)" the CAS tone used in
off hook caller ID?   If yes, then is this alerting signal used for both off
hook North American caller ID AND European Caller ID (assuming Euro-CID is
supported)? Please clarify.

3. Suugestion to change the description of the MIB pktcSigDevToneSteady for
clarity. 

CURRENT: This is the steady tone. Set to true to continue the last tone
after on-off sequence.
PROPOSED: This is the steady tone. Device has to playout the on-off sequence
for pktcSigDevToneWholeToneRepeatCount times and then apply the last tone
forever.    

Comments please 

Thanks,
Satish Kumar
Texas Instruments

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: Beacham Gordon-CGB005 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:45:28 -0700

Hi Satish,

Motorola's interpretation of the standards: ITU-T E.181 Supplemental 2 as well as AS/ACIF S002:2001 amendment 1, is that amplitude modulation is used.

We use the alerting signal(29) for both NA and European CID. There are slight differences  in the signal (e.g., I believe the European tone is louder and has a longer duration). I am not sure how you intend to implement this but the same signal could be used for both NA and European CID.

Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar, Satish [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 2:32 PM
To: Jean-Francois Mule; Gordon Beacham
Cc: Ipcdn (E-mail); [email-masked]'
Subject: draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-Sigmib-01.txt clarifications

Jean, Gordon,

Comments please 

Thanks,
Satish Kumar
Texas Instruments