Subject: [ipcdn] use of ipv4z (zoned local) addresses across Docsis MIBs?

From: Wilson Sawyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:58:06 -0400

Bert Wijnen and Joergen Schoenwaelder made the point that I may have
unintentionally excluded the ipv4z address type (see RFC 3291) from an
ipv4-only compliance statement for the Docsis subscriber-management MIB.

The use of InetAddressType calls for consistency across the Docsis MIBs.
I ask that the other MIB authors, in particular, look into this and post
your thoughts to the list.

At present, the subscriber management MIB permits the representation of
any InetAddressType, but its compliance statement only requires ipv4. It
does not require support for ipv4z. I'm inclined to believe that ipv4z
addresses, while they might be a legitimate part of a docsis
environment, shouldn't be required for basic compliance. But consistency
with other Docsis MIBs, as well as the general opinion of the WG, are
more important than my inclinations.

- Wilson Sawyer

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn