Subject: [ipcdn] RE: Issue#13 IPCDN RF MIBv2

From: "Eduardo Cardona" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:45:40 -0600

FYI, 

Third try, Attachment is zipped 
I appoligy for those who received duplicated copies.

Regards

Eduardo 

-----Original Message-----
From: Eduardo Cardona 
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 9:33 AM
To: Jean-Francois Mule; Ipcdn (E-mail); Richard Woundy; DOCSIS OSS
Majordomo List; DOCSIS 2.0 Majordomo List
Cc: Bert Wijnen
Subject: RE: Issue#13 IPCDN RF MIBv2

To All, 

I got a list-owner message of holding the below email due to very long
body message.

Here is again only with the attachment

Eduardo

Hi all, 

Attached and below are the item actions for issue #13
The attached file is text based to facilitate MIB edits later, of if
having formatting difficulties Reading the same text below.

Regards 

Eduardo

--------------------------------------------

---

From: "Eduardo Cardona" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 08:57:52 -0600

Hi all, 

Attached and below are the item actions for issue #13
The attached file is text based to facilitate MIB edits later, of if
having formatting difficulties
Reading the same text below.

Regards 

Eduardo

--------------------------------------------
+ Issue #13
Status: Open
(13) Adjust compliance statements for objects designated optional. Add
     separate augmentation table for optional objects in
     docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterTable.
     Contributors - Will Murwin Motorola, Rich Woundy IPCDN/Comcast,
     Mike StJohns Mindspring, Eduardo Cardona Cablelabs
# category: "must fix"
# Action Item: Eduardo to summarize the discussion & a recommendation
# for the augmentation. Consensus must be reached by 10/10 or else WG
# chair will make a decision.

Issue item Actions
1) Define the Optional group

2) Remove the text indication of optional or mandatory object in the 
DESCRIPTION clause of objects in table docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterTable

3) Decision of AUGMENTING or added columnar Optional objects in 
docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterTable 

1) and 2) are resolved here.

3) is discussed below and as the references pointed, OSSI spec already
requires
   return error codes for Optional object not implemented. Also it is
expected for 
   OSSI spec to return correct values in full conformance with the
object definition
   if the optional objects are supported.
   
   The decision of separate in two tables the mandatory and optional
objects has two views.

   a) First CL will recommend not to split the table based on a more
deep overall analysis 
      From the item 3) notes (end of document) and extra considerations.
   	- switches to query sub-sets of objects are available in the
case of bad SNMP tool 
   	  support of table holes. Not different to handle
implementations previous to 
   	  RFImibv2 where neither the mandatory and optional objects are
present.
   	- Hole cases are not only a problem for this table, many
interface related statistics 
   	  has those problems when bulking data to perform later on
filters and association or 
   	  aggregation
   	- From a nmgt integrator data loaders migth handle transparently
tables ( with holes) 
   	  vs multiple tables augmentations and/or extensions
   	- docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterTable requires hooks to ifTable, and
ifXTable to detect 
   	  discontinuities, adminStatus, etc. Therefore The Complexity of
the data validation
   	  in the aggregation side of data loader migth see the whole
table as a not stopper.

   b)  If based on a) there are more compelling reasons to still require
the table split
       Only stoppers to split the table currently could be 
       Implementations that already support the table and in some
business cases the vendor 
       will place strong opposition to do that because (either items):
       - The optional objects are fully supported (no filled with zeros
as draft 05 requires 
         and corrected in this draft)
       - Extensive device implementations
       - If optional objects in current implementation (Zeroed), will
not implement Software 
         versions in place for or after CW28 ( where potentialy  draft
08 might be required 
         if RFC is not published promptly). 
  
  Please respond promptly to the list or in private to vendor
preferences to reach consensus 
  in this final resolution either to support 3.a or 3.b and reasons why.

    Detail changes proposal

1) Define the Optional group

a) Add after Group Clause "GROUP docsIfCmtsGroupV2"

-- Optional groups

GROUP docsIfCmtsOptionalGroupV2
        DESCRIPTION
            "This group is optional for Cable Modem Termination Systems,
             and not applicable for Cable Modems."

b) REPLACE: 

docsIfCmtsGroupV2 OBJECT-GROUP
        OBJECTS {
            docsIfCmtsCapabilities,
            docsIfCmtsSyncInterval,
            docsIfCmtsUcdInterval,
            docsIfCmtsMaxServiceIds,
--            docsIfCmtsInsertionInterval,
            docsIfCmtsInvitedRangingAttempts,
            docsIfCmtsInsertInterval,
            docsIfCmtsStatusInvalidRangeReqs,
            docsIfCmtsStatusRangingAborteds,
            docsIfCmtsStatusInvalidRegReqs,
            docsIfCmtsStatusFailedRegReqs,
            docsIfCmtsStatusInvalidDataReqs,
            docsIfCmtsStatusT5Timeouts,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusMacAddress,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusDownChannelIfIndex,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusUpChannelIfIndex,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusRxPower,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusTimingOffset,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusEqualizationData,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusValue,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusUnerroreds,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusCorrecteds,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusUncorrectables,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusSignalNoise,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusMicroreflections,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusExtUnerroreds,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusExtCorrecteds,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusExtUncorrectables,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusDocsisRegMode,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusModulationType,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusInetAddressType,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusInetAddress,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusValueLastUpdate,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusHighResolutionTimingOffset,
            docsIfCmtsServiceAdminStatus,
            docsIfCmtsServiceQosProfile,
            docsIfCmtsServiceCreateTime,
            docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets,
            docsIfCmtsServiceInPackets,
            docsIfCmtsServiceNewCmStatusIndex,
            docsIfCmtsModType,
            docsIfCmtsModControl,
            docsIfCmtsModPreambleLen,
            docsIfCmtsModDifferentialEncoding,
            docsIfCmtsModFECErrorCorrection,
            docsIfCmtsModFECCodewordLength,
            docsIfCmtsModScramblerSeed,
            docsIfCmtsModMaxBurstSize,
            docsIfCmtsModGuardTimeSize,
            docsIfCmtsModLastCodewordShortened,
            docsIfCmtsModScrambler,
            docsIfCmtsModByteInterleaverDepth,
            docsIfCmtsModByteInterleaverBlockSize,
            docsIfCmtsModPreambleType,
            docsIfCmtsModTcmErrorCorrectionOn,
            docsIfCmtsModScdmaInterleaverStepSize,
            docsIfCmtsModScdmaSpreaderEnable,
            docsIfCmtsModScdmaSubframeCodes,
            docsIfCmtsModChannelType,
            docsIfCmtsQosProfilePermissions,
            docsIfCmtsCmPtr,
            docsIfCmtsChannelUtilizationInterval,
            docsIfCmtsChannelUtUtilization,
            docsIfCmtsDownChnlCtrId,
            docsIfCmtsDownChnlCtrTotalBytes,
            docsIfCmtsDownChnlCtrUsedBytes,
            docsIfCmtsDownChnlCtrExtTotalBytes,
            docsIfCmtsDownChnlCtrExtUsedBytes,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrId,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUcastGrantedMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUcastGrantedMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnInitMaintMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnInitMaintMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnInitMaintMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnInitMaintMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnInitMaintMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnInitMaintMslots
        }
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Group of objects implemented in Cable Modem Termination
             Systems."
        ::= { docsIfGroupsV2 3 }
 
 WITH:

docsIfCmtsGroupV2 OBJECT-GROUP
        OBJECTS {
            docsIfCmtsCapabilities,
            docsIfCmtsSyncInterval,
            docsIfCmtsUcdInterval,
            docsIfCmtsMaxServiceIds,
--            docsIfCmtsInsertionInterval,
            docsIfCmtsInvitedRangingAttempts,
            docsIfCmtsInsertInterval,
            docsIfCmtsStatusInvalidRangeReqs,
            docsIfCmtsStatusRangingAborteds,
            docsIfCmtsStatusInvalidRegReqs,
            docsIfCmtsStatusFailedRegReqs,
            docsIfCmtsStatusInvalidDataReqs,
            docsIfCmtsStatusT5Timeouts,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusMacAddress,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusDownChannelIfIndex,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusUpChannelIfIndex,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusRxPower,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusTimingOffset,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusEqualizationData,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusValue,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusUnerroreds,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusCorrecteds,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusUncorrectables,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusSignalNoise,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusMicroreflections,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusExtUnerroreds,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusExtCorrecteds,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusExtUncorrectables,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusDocsisRegMode,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusModulationType,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusInetAddressType,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusInetAddress,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusValueLastUpdate,
            docsIfCmtsCmStatusHighResolutionTimingOffset,
            docsIfCmtsServiceAdminStatus,
            docsIfCmtsServiceQosProfile,
            docsIfCmtsServiceCreateTime,
            docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets,
            docsIfCmtsServiceInPackets,
            docsIfCmtsServiceNewCmStatusIndex,
            docsIfCmtsModType,
            docsIfCmtsModControl,
            docsIfCmtsModPreambleLen,
            docsIfCmtsModDifferentialEncoding,
            docsIfCmtsModFECErrorCorrection,
            docsIfCmtsModFECCodewordLength,
            docsIfCmtsModScramblerSeed,
            docsIfCmtsModMaxBurstSize,
            docsIfCmtsModGuardTimeSize,
            docsIfCmtsModLastCodewordShortened,
            docsIfCmtsModScrambler,
            docsIfCmtsModByteInterleaverDepth,
            docsIfCmtsModByteInterleaverBlockSize,
            docsIfCmtsModPreambleType,
            docsIfCmtsModTcmErrorCorrectionOn,
            docsIfCmtsModScdmaInterleaverStepSize,
            docsIfCmtsModScdmaSpreaderEnable,
            docsIfCmtsModScdmaSubframeCodes,
            docsIfCmtsModChannelType,
            docsIfCmtsQosProfilePermissions,
            docsIfCmtsCmPtr,
            docsIfCmtsChannelUtilizationInterval,
            docsIfCmtsChannelUtUtilization,
            docsIfCmtsDownChnlCtrId,
            docsIfCmtsDownChnlCtrTotalBytes,
            docsIfCmtsDownChnlCtrUsedBytes,
            docsIfCmtsDownChnlCtrExtTotalBytes,
            docsIfCmtsDownChnlCtrExtUsedBytes,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrId,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUcastGrantedMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUcastGrantedMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnMslots
        }
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Group of objects implemented in Cable Modem Termination
             Systems."
        ::= { docsIfGroupsV2 3 }

docsIfCmtsOptionalGroupV2 OBJECT-GROUP
        OBJECTS {
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnInitMaintMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnInitMaintMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnInitMaintMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqDataMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnInitMaintMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnInitMaintMslots,
            docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnInitMaintMslots
        }
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Group of objects implemented optionaly in Cable Modem 
             Termination Systems."
        ::= { docsIfGroupsV2 4 }

2) Remove the text indication of optional or mandatory object in the 
DESCRIPTION clause of objects in table docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterTable

Change several occurences of "the the" with "the"

remove text from DESCRIPTION clauses:
Support for this object is optional. If the object is not
             supported, a value of zero is returned.
a) REPLACE:

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             minislots subjected to collisions on the upstream logical
             channel. For contention regions, these are the minislots
             applicable to bursts that the CMTS detected, but could not
             correctly receive. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnMslots, and is included for
             back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers. Support for this
             object is optional. If the object is not supported, a
             value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 10 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots defined for this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all minislots for IUC1
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqMslots, and is included
             for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Support for this object is optional. If the object is not
             supported, a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 11 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots utilized on this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all contention minislots for
             IUC1 applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly
             received. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqMslots, and is included
             for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers. Support for
             this object is optional. If the object is not supported,
             a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 12 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots subjected to collisions on this upstream
             logical channel. This includes all contention minislots
             for IUC1 applicable to bursts that the CMTS detected, but
             could not correctly receive. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqMslots, and is included
             for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers. Support for
             this object is optional. If the object is not supported,
             a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 13 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots defined for this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all minislots for IUC2
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqDataMslots, and is
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Support for this object is optional. If the object is not
             supported, a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 14 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots utilized on this upstream logical
             channel. This includes all contention minislots for IUC2
             applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly received.
             This is the 32 bit version of 
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqDataMslots, and is
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Support for this object is optional. If the object is not
             supported, a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 15 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots subjected to collisions on this
             upstream logical channel. This includes all contention
             minislots for IUC2 applicable to bursts that the CMTS
             detected, but could not correctly receive. This is the 32
             bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqDataMslots, and is
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Support for this object is optional. If the object is not
             supported, a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 16 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             initial maintenance minislots defined for this upstream
             logical channel. This includes all minislots for IUC3
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnInitMaintMslots,
             and is included for back compatibility with SNMPv1
             managers. Support for this object is optional. If the
             object is not supported, a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 17 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             initial maintenance minislots utilized on this upstream
             logical channel. This includes all contention minislots
             for IUC3 applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly
             received. This is the 32 bit version of 
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnInitMaintMslots,
             and is included for back compatibility with SNMPv1
             managers. Support for this object is optional. If the
             object is not supported, a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 18 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             initial maintenance minislots subjected to collisions on
             this upstream logical channel. This includes all
             contention minislots for IUC3 applicable to bursts that
             the CMTS detected, but could not correctly receive.       
             This is the 32 bit version of 
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnInitMaintMslots,
             and is included for back compatibility with SNMPv1
             managers. Support for this object is optional. If the
             object is not supported, a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 19 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of collision
             contention minislots on the upstream logical channel.
             For contention regions, these are the minislots applicable
             to bursts that the CMTS detected, but could not correctly
             receive. This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers. Support for this object is
             optional. If the object is not supported, a value of zero
             is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 20 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots defined for this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all minislots for IUC1
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers. Support for this object
             is optional. If the object is not supported, a value of
             zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 21 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots utilized on this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all contention minislots for
             IUC1 applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly
             received. This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers. Support for this object is
             optional. If the object is not supported, a value of zero
             is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 22 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots subjected to collisions on this upstream
             logical channel. This includes all contention minislots
             for IUC1 applicable to bursts that the CMTS detected,
             but could not correctly receive. This is the 64 bit
             version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqMslots, and will
             not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers. Support for this
             object is optional. If the object is not supported, a
             value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 23 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots defined for this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all minislots for IUC2
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqDataMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers. Support for this object is
             optional. If the object is not supported, a value of zero
             is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 24 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots utilized on this upstream logical
             channel. This includes all contention minislots for IUC2
             applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly received.    
             This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqDataMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers. Support for this object is
             optional. If the object is not supported, a value of zero
             is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 25 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots subjected to collisions on this
             upstream logical channel. This includes all contention
             minislots for IUC2 applicable to bursts that the CMTS
             detected, but could not correctly receive. This is the
             64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqDataMslots,
             and will not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers. Support
             for this object is optional. If the object is not
             supported, a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 26 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of initial
             maintenance minislots defined for this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all minislots for IUC3
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 64 bit version of 
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnInitMaintMslots,
             and will not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers. Support for
             this object is optional. If the object is not supported,
             a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 27 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of initial
             maintenance minislots utilized on this upstream logical
             channel. This includes all contention minislots for IUC3
             applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly received.    
             This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnInitMaintMslots,
             and will not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers. Support for
             this object is optional. If the object is not supported,
             a value of zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 28 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             initial maintenance minislots subjected to collisions on
             this upstream logical channel. This includes all
             contention minislots for IUC3 applicable to bursts that
             the CMTS detected, but could not correctly receive.       
             This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnInitMaintMslots, and will not
             be accessible to SNMPv1 managers. Support for this object
             is optional. If the object is not supported, a value of
             zero is returned.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 29 }

WITH:

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             minislots subjected to collisions on the upstream logical
             channel. For contention regions, these are the minislots
             applicable to bursts that the CMTS detected, but could not
             correctly receive. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnMslots, and is included for
             back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 10 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots defined for this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all minislots for IUC1
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqMslots, and is included
             for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 11 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots utilized on this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all contention minislots for
             IUC1 applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly
             received. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqMslots, and is included
             for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 12 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots subjected to collisions on this upstream
             logical channel. This includes all contention minislots
             for IUC1 applicable to bursts that the CMTS detected, but
             could not correctly receive. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqMslots, and is included
             for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 13 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots defined for this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all minislots for IUC2
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqDataMslots, and is
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 14 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots utilized on this upstream logical
             channel. This includes all contention minislots for IUC2
             applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly received.
             This is the 32 bit version of 
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqDataMslots, and is
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 15 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots subjected to collisions on this
             upstream logical channel. This includes all contention
             minislots for IUC2 applicable to bursts that the CMTS
             detected, but could not correctly receive. This is the 32
             bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqDataMslots, and is
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 16 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             initial maintenance minislots defined for this upstream
             logical channel. This includes all minislots for IUC3
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 32 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnInitMaintMslots,
             and is included for back compatibility with SNMPv1
             managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 17 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             initial maintenance minislots utilized on this upstream
             logical channel. This includes all contention minislots
             for IUC3 applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly
             received. This is the 32 bit version of 
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnInitMaintMslots,
             and is included for back compatibility with SNMPv1
             managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 18 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             initial maintenance minislots subjected to collisions on
             this upstream logical channel. This includes all
             contention minislots for IUC3 applicable to bursts that
             the CMTS detected, but could not correctly receive.       
             This is the 32 bit version of 
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnInitMaintMslots,
             and is included for back compatibility with SNMPv1
             managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 19 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of collision
             contention minislots on the upstream logical channel.
             For contention regions, these are the minislots applicable
             to bursts that the CMTS detected, but could not correctly
             receive. This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 20 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots defined for this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all minislots for IUC1
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 21 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots utilized on this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all contention minislots for
             IUC1 applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly
             received. This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 22 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request minislots subjected to collisions on this upstream
             logical channel. This includes all contention minislots
             for IUC1 applicable to bursts that the CMTS detected,
             but could not correctly receive. This is the 64 bit
             version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqMslots, and will
             not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 23 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots defined for this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all minislots for IUC2
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnReqDataMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 24 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots utilized on this upstream logical
             channel. This includes all contention minislots for IUC2
             applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly received.    
             This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnReqDataMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 25 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnReqDataMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             request data minislots subjected to collisions on this
             upstream logical channel. This includes all contention
             minislots for IUC2 applicable to bursts that the CMTS
             detected, but could not correctly receive. This is the
             64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnReqDataMslots,
             and will not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 26 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of initial
             maintenance minislots defined for this upstream logical
             channel. This count includes all minislots for IUC3
             assigned to a broadcast or multicast SID on the logical
             channel. This is the 64 bit version of 
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnInitMaintMslots,
             and will not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 27 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of initial
             maintenance minislots utilized on this upstream logical
             channel. This includes all contention minislots for IUC3
             applicable to bursts that the CMTS correctly received.    
             This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnInitMaintMslots,
             and will not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 28 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtCollCntnInitMaintMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             initial maintenance minislots subjected to collisions on
             this upstream logical channel. This includes all
             contention minislots for IUC3 applicable to bursts that
             the CMTS detected, but could not correctly receive.       
             This is the 64 bit version of
             docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrCollCntnInitMaintMslots, and will not
             be accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 29 }
Remove Text "Support for this object is mandatory."
b) REPLACE

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of all minislots
             defined for this upstream logical channel. This count
             includes all IUCs and SIDs, even those allocated to the
             NULL SID for a 2.0 logical channel which is inactive. This
             is the 32 bit version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalMslots
             and is included for back compatibility with SNMPv1
             managers. Support for this object is mandatory.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 2 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUcastGrantedMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of unicast
             granted minislots on the upstream logical channel,
             regardless of burst type. Unicast granted minislots are
             those in which the CMTS assigned bandwidth to any unicast
             SID on the logical channel. However this object does not
             include minislots for reserved IUCs, or grants to SIDs 
             designated as meaning 'no CM'. This is the 32 bit version 
             of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUcastGrantedMslots, and is 
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers. 
             Support for this object is mandatory.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 3 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             minislots defined for this upstream logical channel. This
             count includes all minislots assigned to a broadcast or
             multicast SID on the logical channel. This is the 32 bit
             version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnMslots, and is
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Support for this object is mandatory.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 4 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             minislots utilized on the upstream logical channel. For
             contention regions, utilized minislots are those in which
             the CMTS correctly received an upstream burst from any CM
             on the upstream logical channel. This is the 32 bit
             version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnMslots, and is
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Support for this object is mandatory.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 5 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of all minislots
             defined for this upstream logical channel. This count
             includes all IUCs and SIDs, even those allocated to the
             NULL SID for a 2.0 logical channel which is inactive. This
             is the 64 bit version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalMslots,
             and will not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Support for this object is mandatory.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 6 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUcastGrantedMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of unicast
             granted minislots on the upstream logical channel,
             regardless of burst type. Unicast granted minislots are
             those in which the CMTS assigned bandwidth to any unicast
             SID on the logical channel. However this object does not
             include minislots for reserved IUCs, or grants to SIDs 
             designated as meaning 'no CM'. This is the 64 bit version
             of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUcastGrantedMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Support for this object is mandatory.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 7 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             minislots defined for this upstream logical channel. This
             count includes all minislots assigned to a broadcast or
             multicast SID on the logical channel. This is the 64 bit
             version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnMslots, and will
             not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Support for this object is mandatory.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 8 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             minislots utilized on the upstream logical channel. For
             contention regions, utilized minislots are those in which
             the CMTS correctly received an upstream burst from any CM
             on the upstream logical channel. This is the 64 bit
             version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnMslots, and will not
             be accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Support for this object is mandatory.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 9 }

WITH

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of all minislots
             defined for this upstream logical channel. This count
             includes all IUCs and SIDs, even those allocated to the
             NULL SID for a 2.0 logical channel which is inactive. This
             is the 32 bit version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalMslots
             and is included for back compatibility with SNMPv1
             managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 2 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUcastGrantedMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of unicast
             granted minislots on the upstream logical channel,
             regardless of burst type. Unicast granted minislots are
             those in which the CMTS assigned bandwidth to any unicast
             SID on the logical channel. However this object does not
             include minislots for reserved IUCs, or grants to SIDs 
             designated as meaning 'no CM'. This is the 32 bit version 
             of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUcastGrantedMslots, and is 
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers. 
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 3 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             minislots defined for this upstream logical channel. This
             count includes all minislots assigned to a broadcast or
             multicast SID on the logical channel. This is the 32 bit
             version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnMslots, and is
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 4 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter32
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             minislots utilized on the upstream logical channel. For
             contention regions, utilized minislots are those in which
             the CMTS correctly received an upstream burst from any CM
             on the upstream logical channel. This is the 32 bit
             version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnMslots, and is
             included for back compatibility with SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 5 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of all minislots
             defined for this upstream logical channel. This count
             includes all IUCs and SIDs, even those allocated to the
             NULL SID for a 2.0 logical channel which is inactive. This
             is the 64 bit version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalMslots,
             and will not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 6 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUcastGrantedMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of unicast
             granted minislots on the upstream logical channel,
             regardless of burst type. Unicast granted minislots are
             those in which the CMTS assigned bandwidth to any unicast
             SID on the logical channel. However this object does not
             include minislots for reserved IUCs, or grants to SIDs 
             designated as meaning 'no CM'. This is the 64 bit version
             of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUcastGrantedMslots, and will not be
             accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 7 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtTotalCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             minislots defined for this upstream logical channel. This
             count includes all minislots assigned to a broadcast or
             multicast SID on the logical channel. This is the 64 bit
             version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrTotalCntnMslots, and will
             not be accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 8 }

docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrExtUsedCntnMslots OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Counter64
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Current count, from CMTS initialization, of contention
             minislots utilized on the upstream logical channel. For
             contention regions, utilized minislots are those in which
             the CMTS correctly received an upstream burst from any CM
             on the upstream logical channel. This is the 64 bit
             version of docsIfCmtsUpChnlCtrUsedCntnMslots, and will not
             be accessible to SNMPv1 managers.
             Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur
             at reinitialization of the managed system, and at other
             times as indicated by the the value of 
             ifCounterDiscontinuityTime for the associated ifIndex."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterEntry 9 }

3) Decision of AUGMENTING or added columnar Optional objects in 
docsIfCmtsUpChannelCounterTable 

This topic was discused in good deep in the ipcdn list and very good 
contributions were made, ( complete email log is in IPCDN web page) 
To mention, one of the most relevant comments, was from Rich Woundy 
May 30 2003, with subject 
"Optional" in the description of objects from the rfimibv2

Rich quoted the section of RFC 2863 3.1.18 "All values Must be Known"
Where an agent that does not support a counter permanently must not 
instantiate the object (e.g. for a particular ifIndex ifTable counter or

table extension) 
or 
temporarly, the Agent haven't complete the initialization of the entity
or
 the counter function.

In summary, the agent will respond with error 'noSuchObject' if object
is 
completely unknown to the implementation (e.g optional implementation)
or 
'noSuchInstance' if the specified row of the object is not valid.

Another reference point is the OSSI spec.

Since early OSSI mib object requirements, the OSS requires for optional 
objects the following ( in total synch with  Rich's quoted text):

Optional mib objects in Annex A Detailed MIB Requirements (normative) 

"O Optional. A vendor can choose to implement or not implement the
object. 
If a vendor chooses to implement the object, the object MUST be
implemented 
correctly according to the MIB definition. If a vendor chooses not to
implement 
the object, an agent MUST NOT instantiate such object and MUST respond
with 
the appropriate error/exception condition (e.g., no such object for
SNMPv2c)."

It is clear that the expected behavior per OSSI spec is to find tables
with 
'holes' which is also the IETF recomendation. 

Conclusion 
 
>From the spec point of view the table with the changes is fine, no need
to 
split and management software implementers and operators might explore
unified 
cata loader since this problem is not exclusive of this table, but in
general 
for all interface related statistics and software versioning.

---

From: "Eduardo Cardona" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:33:17 -0600

To All, 

Eduardo

Hi all, 

Regards 

Eduardo

---

From: Minnie Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:32:05 -0700

Hi  Eduardo,

Your proposal for issue#13 looks good to me.
Thanks a lot !
Minnie

>Reading the same text below.

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn