Subject: RE: [ipcdn] Additional comments on draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2- 06.txt

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:12:21 -0500

Randy,

I can tackle these comments right away.

The first SMICng error is because the STATUS of docsDevFilterIpTable is
"current", but it should be "deprecated". My bad.

I'll handle the other SMICng errors by IMPORTing the appropriate DiffServ
MIB object, as you recommend.

-- Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Presuhn
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 11/26/2003 12:49 PM
Subject: [ipcdn] Additional comments on draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-06.txt

Hi -

Bert Wijnen ran SMICng on the MIB module in
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-06.txt and
found some items that I overlooked:

>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (1342,1) Row "docsDevFilterIpEntry" must have
>      same status as parent table "docsDevFilterIpTable"

This must be fixed.

>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2389,12) Item "diffServMIBDataPathGroup"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2390,12) Item "diffServMIBClfrGroup" should
be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2391,12) Item "diffServMIBClfrElementGroup"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2392,12) Item
"diffServMIBMultiFieldClfrGroup" should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2393,12) Item "diffServMIBActionGroup"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2394,12) Item "diffServMIBDscpMarkActGroup"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2395,12) Item "diffServMIBCounterGroup"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2396,12) Item "diffServMIBAlgDropGroup"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2399,8) Item "diffServDataPathStatus" should
be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2406,8) Item "diffServClfrStatus" should be
IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2413,8) Item "diffServClfrElementStatus"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2420,8) Item
"diffServMultiFieldClfrAddrType" should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2426,8) Item "diffServMultiFieldClfrSrcAddr"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2433,8) Item "diffServMultiFieldClfrDstAddr"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2439,8) Item "diffServAlgDropStatus" should
be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2446,8) Item "diffServDataPathStorage"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2452,8) Item "diffServClfrStorage" should be
IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2458,8) Item "diffServClfrElementStorage"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2464,8) Item "diffServMultiFieldClfrStorage"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2470,8) Item "diffServActionStorage" should
be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2476,8) Item "diffServCountActStorage"
should be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2482,8) Item "diffServAlgDropStorage" should
be IMPORTed
>   E: f(ipcdndevice.mi2), (2488,8) Item "diffServAlgDropType" should be
IMPORTed

The MIB review guidelines recommend that these be imported.  This is not
a
hard requirement, but the consensus of the MIB reviewer mailing list was
that
having IMPORTS for these makes it easier for someone reading a module to
see the dependencies in one place.

Since this is an update to an existing specification, I'm also going to
run it through
smidiff, and will post comments regarding those results in a separate
message.

Randy

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn