Subject: RE: [ipcdn] Re: IETF IPCDN Signaling MIB - Draft 3 - Last Call fo r Comments [item 2]

From: Beacham Gordon-CGB005 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:11:13 -0800

David,

Agreed. This object will be deleted if there are no other objections.

>(2) pktcSigDevRtCadence is superfluous

   The pktcSigDevRtCadence object is not needed, and introduces an
   ambiguity in the MIB. First of all, this object is intended to
   specify the "ring cadence rt", but "rt" is not really a ring cadence:
   it is the ringback tone. The "rt" signal does not cause ringing
   voltage to be applied to the analog line, but causes a *tone* to be
   played to the calling party. Indeed, the ringback tone is included in
   the pktcSigDevToneTable. Like for every tone, the MTA will consult
   this table to determine the properties of the ringback tone, and
   hence the pktcSigDevRtCadence object will not be used anyway.

   Solution: we suggest the removal of the pktcSigDevRtCadence object.

Gordon Beacham
Digital Core Gateways, BCS
Motorola, Inc.
858-404-2335
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn