Subject: [ipcdn] Detecting CPE IPs via CMTS MIB?

From: "Brian A. Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 15:44:32 -0400

I've been looking through the current DOCSIS MIBs, and I don't see a way to
currently get a list of CPE IP address via a CMTS MIB.  Is there any current
work in adding this functionality to the standard set of DOCSIS MIBs?  Is
there a current method I've overlooked?

Thanks,
Brian

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:24:25 -0400

One method is to use "ipNetToMediaNetAddress" from the ipNetToMediaTable
(RFC 2011).

Another, cleaner method is to use "docsSubMgtCpeIpAddr" from the
docsSubMgtCpeIpTable in the Subscriber Management MIB (currently specified
in
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-14.txt>)
. This assumes that the CMTS has been configured to learn IP addresses, e.g.
"docsSubMgtCpeControlLearnable".

-- Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Brian A. Davis
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 3:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ipcdn] Detecting CPE IPs via CMTS MIB?

Thanks,
Brian