Subject: RE: [ipcdn] Sig-Draft: pktcRingCadence description change

From: "Sumanth Channabasappa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:20:24 -0600

Thanks Randy (And the subject has been change, thanks Harrie!) 

Ok, how about:

pktcRingCadence

"This object provides an encoding scheme for ring cadences, including 
repeatability characteristics. All octets and bit-strings in this object

MUST be encoded in network-byte order.
                  ^
                  |
            Introduced network-byte order

            Added ordering
                  |
                  V
The first three higher order octets are reserved. The octets that follow

are used to encode a 'bit-string', with each bit corresponding to 50 
milliseconds. A bit value of '1' indicates the presence of a ring-tone 
and a bit value of '0' indicates the absence of a ring-tone, for that 
duration (50 ms). 

The first two of the reserved octets MUST indicate the length of the 
encoded cadence (in bits) and MUST range between 1 and 264. (Note: The 
length in bits MUST also be consistent with the number of octets that 
encode the cadence.).

The third of the reserved octets indicates 'repeatability' and MUST 
be either 0x80 or 0x00 - the former value indicating 
'repeatability' and the latter indicating 'non-repeatability'.

           ^
           |
       Accepted suggestions.

The MTA MUST reject attempts to set any values which violate the above 
requirements."

Thoughts?

Sumanth

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: "Sumanth Channabasappa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:01:31 -0600

s/octets and bit-strings/fields/
[sumanth] Done - Thanks Randy!

(The first field is sixteen bits long, so saying that the octets are in
network byte order isn't helpful.)

Randy