Subject: [ipcdn] DRAFT Meeting notes from IETF 61 IPCDN meeting in Washington DC

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:49:02 -0700

Below are the draft meeting notes from our IETF 61 meeting.
Thanks to Greg Nakanishi for capturing them. Let me know if  
I missed anything.
 
Jean-Francois.
IETF IPCDN Meeting Notes
Washington D.C., USA
Tuesday November 9, 2004

Reported by Greg Nakanishi ([email-masked])
Edited by Jean-Francois Mule' ([email-masked])

--- WG Meeting Summary
--- ------------------
Ten to fifteen attendees of the IP over Cable Data Networks WG met
at the IETF meeting in Washington DC on November 9, 2004. Total
meeting time was about one hour.

The meeting materials are consolidated into 1 deck of slides and will
be provided as part of the IETF proceedings. They are also posted at
http://www.ipcdn.org/meetings.html

We won't summarize the content of the meeting in details, please read
the slides for the current wg item status.

- Summary of decisions made and Action Items (AI)

  o WG Charter update
    We are close to finishing the following MIBs (WGLC passed, some
    have passed IETF Last Call, some are about to be in "publication
    requested status):
        - updated IPCDN DOCSIS RF MIB (Proposed Standard)
        - IPCDN DOCSIS Event Notification MIB (Proposed Standard)
        - PacketCable/IPCableCom MTA device MIB (Proposed Standard)
        - PacketCable/IPCableCom MTA signaling MIB (Proposed Standard)

    The WG charter should be revised to change the following
    milestones:
       - IPCDN PacketCable/IPCablecom Management Event MIB
         (draft 03 is expired, new target date required - Dec04? TBD)
       - IPCDN DOCSIS Cable Device MIB v2
         (draft06 is expired, new editor to be assigned, new target
          date TBD)
       - CableHome MIBs
         (IDs are expired, target completion date of Dec04 is unlikely
          to be met; new target date TBD).
# AI: WG chairs to follow-up with AD Bert Wijnen to revise charter
# once commitment is secured from ID authors & editors.

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-16.txt
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-16.t
xt
    Status: RFC Editor Queue
    Draft 16 addressed all IESG comments; work concluded on this ID,
    awaiting publication. Many thanks to Wilson Sawyer for his
    continued work on this work item. No AI.

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-10.txt
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-10.txt
    Status: IETF Last Call started on 2004-11-04; ended on 2004-11-21.
# open issue: rooting of the MIB module under mib-2 need to be
# addressed; wg chairs to resolve it after IETF Last Call.

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-docsisevent-mib-04.txt
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-docsisevent-mib-04.
txt
    Status: AD Review
    ID draft 03 reviewed by MIB doctor Harrie.
# AI: chairs to ping AD Bert after IETF to see if AD review is
# complete. 
# AI: Greg N to update the draft per last comments received from
# AD and release draft 05 for IETF Last Call.

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-11.txt
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-11.txt
# AI: Eduardo to release draft 12 after IETF 61
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-12.txt
# AI: chairs to follow-up on AD review

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-bpiplus-mib-14.txt
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-14.txt
    Status: Draft 14 went through IESG review; 2 DISCUSS
    Draft 15 to be released after IETF addressing IESG comments.
# AI: Eduardo to release draft 15 after IETF 61
# AI: once draft15 is out, chairs to follow-up with AD

  o DOCSIS Cable Device v2 MIB Update
    Status: draft expired, need new ID Editor
    Draft 07 should address all open comments on ID
    Call for volunteer re-sent on November 3, 2004
# AI: WG chairs to name new editor by December 10 (was Nov 19 but new
# volunteers were provided and chairs need more time to assign it)
    Target date for revised ID: tbd with new editor

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-05.txt
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-05.txt
    Status: revised ID needed
    Draft 05 attempted to address all the MUST fix; one pending issue
    was actively discussed during the meeting: pktcMtaDevErrorOid
    table and the syntax of pktcMtaDevErrorOid, pktcMtaDevErrorValue.
    see MIB doctor comments at:
    http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipcdn/current/msg01325.html
    The size limit issue in that table should also be closed on the
    mailing list.
# AI: Jean-Francois to close this one.
    In the WG meeting, we had consensus that since the OID and its
    value is provided in the MTA config file by an operator in the
    form of a character string, it is better to leave the syntax
    as SnmpAdminString rather than OBJECT IDENTIFIER. It was also
    requested that the above explanation be mentioned in the doc.
# AI: authors to release draft06 addressing open comments.

  o draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-07.txt
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-07.t
xt
    Status: all oustanding issues addressed, except for
            pktcSigDevToneTable enhancements and PktcRingCadence for a
            fourth octet;
    New comments on the list need to be closed. Randy Presuhn
    commented that he could review the updated draft to make sure his
    comments were addressed.
#AI: authors to list close open comments and release draft08 after
#    IETF 61

- IPCDN WG next steps
We briefly discussed the IPCDN WG Next Steps, including:
 - Finish all DOCSIS MIBs by December 2004
   Finish all work on active IDs
   Risk: Cable Device MIBv2
 - Request publication for
   PacketCable/IPCablecom MTA MIB
   PacketCable/IPCablecom Signaling MIB
 - Revise Charter Milestones for

   a) PacketCable/IPCablecom Management Event MIB (expired draft 03)
   (we would like to push the work on this ID until 2005 to get
    implementations and testing under way)

   b) CableHome MIBs
   CableHome MIBs - there is no activity on the list.  Is there any WG
   interest to support this work?  It was suggested by Greg N that we
   should update the drafts to the latest CableHome MIBs.

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn