Subject: [ipcdn] question on docsIfCmtsServiceNewCmStatusIndex in

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:59:53 -0800

Hi -

A question on docsIfCmtsServiceNewCmStatusIndex  in
draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-12.txt

The definition says:

docsIfCmtsServiceNewCmStatusIndex OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      Integer32 (0..2147483647)
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Pointer (via docsIfCmtsCmStatusIndex) to an entry in
             docsIfCmtsCmStatusTable identifying the Cable Modem
             using this Service Queue.  If multiple Cable Modems are
             using this Service Queue, the value of this object is
             zero."
        ::= { docsIfCmtsServiceEntry 8 }

What value would it have if no Cable Modems are using this
Service Queue?

Randy

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: "Eduardo Cardona" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:53:13 -0700

Randy, I will answer on details your q. by COB today.
Also have in the Queue Bert's Questions whichI am resolving in
conjuction.

To this Q, all CMTS are associated to a Queue service (have to) .
So one CM either has its own particular Queue service, or a group (all
cms) are using the same Queue. 

RFC 2670 did not defined in docsIfCmtsCmStatusTable (per modem) the
matching ServiceQueue it belongs to, thus, by RFC 2670, it is probably
safe to say that only one Service Queue group is available. 

All the Service Queue mechanism (Class of Service) is being replaced for
the service Flow QoS mechanism in the Qos MIB. The service Queue
mechanism is being left as defined in RFC 2670 as backward compatibility
support of DOCSIS 1.0 technology.
 
Eduardo

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Presuhn [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 7:00 PM
To: Ipcdn (E-mail)
Subject: [ipcdn] question on docsIfCmtsServiceNewCmStatusIndex in 

Hi -

The definition says:

What value would it have if no Cable Modems are using this Service
Queue?

Randy

---

From: "Fred Oko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:11:29 -0500

Or simplified, a Service Queue would not exist in the absence of a
parent CM (non-zero-docsIfCmtsServiceNewCmStatusIndex case) or multicast
group defined by the CMTS (the "multiple Cable Modems" zero-
docsIfCmtsServiceNewCmStatusIndex case).

-----Original Message-----
From: Eduardo Cardona [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 2:53 PM
To: Randy Presuhn; Ipcdn (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [ipcdn] question on docsIfCmtsServiceNewCmStatusIndex in 

 
Eduardo

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Presuhn [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 7:00 PM
To: Ipcdn (E-mail)
Subject: [ipcdn] question on docsIfCmtsServiceNewCmStatusIndex in 

Hi -

The definition says:

Randy