Subject: [ipcdn] pktcMtaDevProvisioningTimer description

From: "Kumar, Satish" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:29:08 -0600

The beow mib is a read-write MIB. When the MIB value is changed after
the MTA is accessible by SNMP station, then what action does the MTA has
to do??

I would suggest to change read-write to read-only access. 

pktcMtaDevProvisioningTimer  OBJECT-TYPE 
       SYNTAX      Unsigned32 (0..30)  
       UNITS       "minutes"  
       MAX-ACCESS  read-write  
       STATUS      current  
       DESCRIPTION  
           " This object defines the time interval for the provisioning 
             flow to complete. The MTA MUST finish all provisioning 
             operations starting from the moment when an MTA receives 
             its DHCP ACK and ending at the moment when the MTA  
             downloads its configuration file (e.g., MTA5 to MTA23) 
             within the period of time set by this object. 
             Failure to comply with this condition constitutes 
             a provisioning flow failure. If the object is set to 0, 
             the MTA MUST ignore the provisioning timer condition."  
       REFERENCE 
           " PacketCable MTA Device Provisioning Specification." 
       DEFVAL {10}  
       ::=  {pktcMtaDevBase 10}

Comments please..

Thx, Satish

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn