Subject: [ipcdn] FW: BCP 103, RFC 4053 on Procedures for Handling Liaison Statements to and fromthe IETF

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:52:54 -0400

Folks,

This new RFC specifies procedures for handling liaison statements to and
from the IETF.

Since we have had a few liaison statements from other Standards
Development Organizations in the past, I thought this might be of
interest to this WG.

-- Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 7:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: BCP 103,RFC 4053 on Procedures for Handling Liaison Statements
to and fromthe IETF

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 103
        RFC 4053

        Title:      Procedures for Handling Liaison Statements to and
                    from the IETF
        Author(s):  S. Trowbridge, S. Bradner, F. Baker
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       April 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 38816
        SeeAlso:    BCP 103

        I-D Tag:    draft-baker-liaison-statements-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4053.txt

This document describes the procedure for proper handling of incoming
liaison statements from other standards development organizations
(SDOs), consortia, and industry fora, and for generating liaison
statements to be transmitted from IETF to other SDOs, consortia and
industry fora.  This procedure allows IETF to effectively collaborate
with other organizations in the international standards community.

The IETF expects that liaison statements might come from a variety of
organizations, and it may choose to respond to many of those.  The IETF
is only obligated to respond if there is an agreed liaison relationship,
however.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be added to or
deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should be sent to
[email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending an
EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn