Subject: [ipcdn] RFC 4036 on Management Information Base for Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) Cable Modem Termination Systems for Subscriber Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:41:06 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4036

        Title:      Management Information Base for
                    Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification
                    (DOCSIS) Cable Modem Termination Systems for
                    Subscriber Management 
        Authors:    W. Sawyer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 57946
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-16.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4036.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it defines a set of managed objects for Simple Network
Management Protocol (SNMP)-based management of Data-over-Cable Service
Interface Specification (DOCSIS)-compliant Cable Modem Termination
Systems.  These managed objects facilitate protection of the cable
network from misuse by subscribers.  The Differentiated Services MIB
(RFC 3289) provides the filtering functions needed here, making use of
classification items defined in this specification.

This document is a product of the IP over Cable Data Network Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn