Subject: RE: [ipcdn] smidiff diagnostics fordraft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt (part 3)

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:51:58 -0400

Comments inline, marked with [RW].

-- Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Randy Presuhn
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:43 AM
To: Ipcdn (E-mail)
Subject: [ipcdn] smidiff diagnostics
fordraft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt (part 3)

Hi -

Continuing with the smidiff diagnostics, with my comments interspered:

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1576 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevFilterLLCProtocolType' changed rfc2669.txt:970
[6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterLLCProtocolType'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1597 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevFilterLLCProtocol' changed rfc2669.txt:985 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevFilterLLCProtocol'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1610 [5] {units-added} units added
to `docsDevFilterLLCMatches'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1623 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpDefault' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1623 [3]
{defval-added} default value added to `docsDevFilterIpDefault'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1623 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevFilterIpDefault' changed rfc2669.txt:1014 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevFilterIpDefault'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1648 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterIpTable'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1648 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevFilterIpTable' changed rfc2669.txt:1029 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevFilterIpTable'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1713 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterIpEntry'
rfc2669.txt:1079 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterIpEntry'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1758 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterIpIndex'
rfc2669.txt:1124 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterIpIndex'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1768 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterIpStatus'
rfc2669.txt:1134 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterIpStatus'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1787 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpControl' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1787 [5]
{description-changed} description of `docsDevFilterIpControl' changed
rfc2669.txt:1158 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterIpControl'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1817 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpIfIndex' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1817 [5]
{description-changed} description of `docsDevFilterIpIfIndex' changed
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1817 [5] {ref-added} reference
added to `docsDevFilterIpIfIndex' rfc2669.txt:1182 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevFilterIpIfIndex'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1839 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpDirection' rfc2669.txt:1196 [6] {previous-definition}
previous definition of `docsDevFilterIpDirection'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1859 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpBroadcast' rfc2669.txt:1216 [6] {previous-definition}
previous definition of `docsDevFilterIpBroadcast'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1870 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterIpSaddr'
rfc2669.txt:1227 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterIpSaddr'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1883 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterIpSmask'
rfc2669.txt:1240 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterIpSmask'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1895 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterIpDaddr'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1895 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevFilterIpDaddr' changed rfc2669.txt:1252 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevFilterIpDaddr'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1914 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterIpDmask'
rfc2669.txt:1270 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterIpDmask'
   --> ok, but s/must/MUST/ in DESCRIPTION clause

[RW] Here is the modified object definition:

docsDevFilterIpDmask OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      IpAddress
        MAX-ACCESS  read-create
        STATUS      deprecated
        DESCRIPTION
            "A bit mask that is to be applied to the destination
             address prior to matching.  This mask is not necessarily
             the same as a subnet mask, but 1's bits MUST be leftmost
             and contiguous."
        DEFVAL { '00000000'h }
        ::= { docsDevFilterIpEntry 10 }

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1926 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpProtocol' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1926 [5]
{ref-added} reference added to `docsDevFilterIpProtocol'
rfc2669.txt:1282 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterIpProtocol'
   --> ok, but I think the REFERENCE is incorrect; the file at that URL
covers values outside the
   0..256 range permitted by this object-type's syntax.

[RW] You are correct; the reference has been changed to:
        REFERENCE "www.iana.org/assignments/protocol-numbers"

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1938 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpSourcePortLow' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1938
[5] {description-changed} description of `docsDevFilterIpSourcePortLow'
changed rfc2669.txt:1293 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition
of `docsDevFilterIpSourcePortLow'
   --> ok, but I think the REFERENCE that was put on
docsDevFilterIpProtocol belongs here

[RW] You are correct; this reference has been added:
        REFERENCE "www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers"

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1950 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpSourcePortHigh'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1950 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevFilterIpSourcePortHigh' changed rfc2669.txt:1305
[6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterIpSourcePortHigh'
   --> ok, but I think the REFERENCE that was put on
docsDevFilterIpProtocol belongs here

[RW] You are correct; this reference has been added:
        REFERENCE "www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers"

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1967 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpDestPortLow' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1967
[5] {description-changed} description of `docsDevFilterIpDestPortLow'
changed rfc2669.txt:1322 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition
of `docsDevFilterIpDestPortLow'
   --> ok, but I think the REFERENCE that was put on
docsDevFilterIpProtocol belongs here

[RW] You are correct; this reference has been added:
        REFERENCE "www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers"

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1979 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpDestPortHigh' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1979
[5] {description-changed} description of `docsDevFilterIpDestPortHigh'
changed rfc2669.txt:1334 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition
of `docsDevFilterIpDestPortHigh'
   --> ok, but I think the REFERENCE that was put on
docsDevFilterIpProtocol belongs here

[RW] You are correct; this reference has been added:
        REFERENCE "www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers"

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1991 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpMatches' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1991 [5]
{units-added} units added to `docsDevFilterIpMatches' rfc2669.txt:1346
[6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterIpMatches'
   -> ok, but the SYNTAX needs to be ZeroBasedCounter32, per MIB review
guidelines
   section 4.6.1.2.  This doesn't change anything on the wire, so it's a
permissible
   SYNTAX change.  (This comment applies to ALL zero-based counters in
the document.)

[RW] Here is the modified object definition (note that
ZeroBasedCounter32 also needed to be IMPORTED from RMON2-MIB):

docsDevFilterIpMatches OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      ZeroBasedCounter32
        UNITS       "matches"
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      deprecated
        DESCRIPTION
            "Counts the number of times this filter was matched.
             This object is initialized to 0 at boot, or at row
             creation, and is reset only upon reboot."
        ::= { docsDevFilterIpEntry 16 }

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2002 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterIpTos'
rfc2669.txt:1356 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterIpTos'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2019 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpTosMask' rfc2669.txt:1373 [6] {previous-definition}
previous definition of `docsDevFilterIpTosMask'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2029 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpContinue' rfc2669.txt:1383 [6] {previous-definition}
previous definition of `docsDevFilterIpContinue'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2040 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterIpPolicyId' rfc2669.txt:1394 [6] {previous-definition}
previous definition of `docsDevFilterIpPolicyId'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2065 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterPolicyTable' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2065 [5]
{description-changed} description of `docsDevFilterPolicyTable' changed
rfc2669.txt:1413 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterPolicyTable'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2103 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterPolicyEntry' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2103 [5]
{description-changed} description of `docsDevFilterPolicyEntry' changed
rfc2669.txt:1450 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterPolicyEntry'
   --> ok, but s/must/MUST/ in DESCRIPTION

[RW] Here is the modified object definition:

docsDevFilterPolicyEntry OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      DocsDevFilterPolicyEntry
        MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
        STATUS      deprecated
        DESCRIPTION
            "An entry in the docsDevFilterPolicyTable.  Entries are
             created by Network Management.  To create an entry,
             docsDevFilterPolicyId MUST be specified."
        INDEX { docsDevFilterPolicyIndex }
        ::= { docsDevFilterPolicyTable 1 }

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2127 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterPolicyIndex' rfc2669.txt:1476 [6] {previous-definition}
previous definition of `docsDevFilterPolicyIndex'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2134 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterPolicyId'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2134 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevFilterPolicyId' changed rfc2669.txt:1483 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevFilterPolicyId'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2153 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterPolicyStatus' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2153
[5] {description-changed} description of `docsDevFilterPolicyStatus'
changed rfc2669.txt:1499 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition
of `docsDevFilterPolicyStatus'
   --> ok, but note from the MIB review guidelines page 23:
     - The DESCRIPTION clause of the status column MUST specify which
       columnar objects (if any) have to be set to valid values before
       the row can be activated.  If any objects in cascading tables
       have to be populated with related data before the row can be
       activated, then this MUST also be specified.
   This should be checked for any other RowStatus objects in the i-d.

[RW] Here is the modified object definition:

docsDevFilterPolicyStatus OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      RowStatus
        MAX-ACCESS  read-create
        STATUS      deprecated
        DESCRIPTION
            "Object used to create an entry in this table.  There is
             no restriction in changing any object in a row while
             this object is set to active.

             The following object MUST have a valid value before this
             object can be set to active:  docsDevFilterPolicyPtr."
        ::= { docsDevFilterPolicyEntry 5 }

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2163 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterPolicyPtr' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2163 [5]
{description-changed} description of `docsDevFilterPolicyPtr' changed
rfc2669.txt:1508 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterPolicyPtr'
   --> ok, but the "must" seems a bit odd.  Is MUST intended?  It's not
clear whether
   a statement that strong is needed.

[RW] The offending statement was changed as follows:

             Vendors are recommended to adhere to the same convention
             when adding vendor specific policy table extensions.

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2199 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterTosTable'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2199 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevFilterTosTable' changed rfc2669.txt:1538 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevFilterTosTable'
   --> ok, but what's "&amp;" doing in the formatted text?

[RW] This was an XML formatting error, which has been corrected to:

             Set the tosBits of the packet to
                (tosBits & docsDevFilterTosAndMask) |
                docsDevFilterTosOrMask

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2234 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterTosEntry'
rfc2669.txt:1561 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterTosEntry'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2250 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterTosIndex'
rfc2669.txt:1582 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterTosIndex'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2260 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterTosStatus' rfc2669.txt:1592 [6] {previous-definition}
previous definition of `docsDevFilterTosStatus'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2279 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterTosAndMask' rfc2669.txt:1606 [6] {previous-definition}
previous definition of `docsDevFilterTosAndMask'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2289 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for
`docsDevFilterTosOrMask' draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2289 [5]
{description-changed} description of `docsDevFilterTosOrMask' changed
rfc2669.txt:1617 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevFilterTosOrMask'
   --> ok, but the changed DESCRIPTION is no more helpful than the
original.
   Also, the representation of the bitwise operations is not consistent
with
   the conventions used in the DESCRIPTION of docsDevFilterTosTable

[RW] Here is the modified object definition:

docsDevFilterTosOrMask OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      OCTET STRING (SIZE (1))
        MAX-ACCESS  read-create
        STATUS      deprecated
        DESCRIPTION
            "This value is bitwise OR'd with the result from the
             AND procedure, (tosBits & docsDevFilterTosAndMask).
             The result then replaces the packet's TOS bits."
        DEFVAL { '00'h }
        ::= { docsDevFilterTosEntry 4 }

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2308 [3] {defval-added} default
value added to `docsDevCpeEnroll'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2308 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevCpeEnroll' changed rfc2669.txt:1640 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevCpeEnroll'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2333 [3] {defval-added} default
value added to `docsDevCpeIpMax'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2333 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevCpeIpMax' changed rfc2669.txt:1657 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevCpeIpMax'
   --> Though adding a DEFVAL is ok, I'm concerned that the DEFVAL added
is different
   from the default value given in the DESCRIPTION in RFC 2669.  Was
there an error?

[RW] This is an intentional change. Operators that relied on default
behavior tend not to want to impose a limit to the number of computers
working behind a cable modem. Operators that want to restrict the number
of computers tend to use the DOCSIS configuration file to set the number
of computers (aka CPEs) explicitly. Hence the default value of this
object was changed.

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2350 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevCpeTable'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2350 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevCpeTable' changed rfc2669.txt:1673 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevCpeTable'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2373 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevCpeEntry'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2373 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevCpeEntry' changed rfc2669.txt:1690 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevCpeEntry'
   --> ok, though splitting the persistance behaviour between this and
docsDevCpeTable
   makes things less clear than they otherwise might be, since this
DESCRIPTION
   explicitly forbids behaviour permitted by the DESCRIPTION of
docsDevCpeTable.

[RW] The discussion of persistance behavior was removed from
dosDevCpeEntry. Here is the modified object definition:

docsDevCpeEntry OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      DocsDevCpeEntry
        MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
        STATUS      deprecated
        DESCRIPTION
            "An entry in the docsDevFilterCpeTable.  There is one
             entry for each IPv4 CPE seen or provisioned.  If
             docsDevCpeIpMax is set to -1, this table is ignored,
             otherwise: Upon receipt of an IP packet from the
             customer interface of the CM, the source IP address is
             checked against this table.  If the address is in the
             table, packet processing continues.  If the address is
             not in the table, but docsDevCpeEnroll is set to any
             and the sum of the table sizes of docsDevCpeTable and
             docsDevCpeInetTable is less than docsDevCpeIpMax, the
             address is added to the table and packet processing
             continues.  Otherwise, the packet is dropped.

             The filtering actions specified by this table occur
             after any LLC filtering (docsDevFilterLLCTable), but
             prior to any IP filtering (docsDevFilterIpTable,
             docsDevNmAccessTable)."
        INDEX   { docsDevCpeIp }
        ::= {docsDevCpeTable 1 }

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2412 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevCpeIp'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2412 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevCpeIp' changed rfc2669.txt:1720 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevCpeIp'
   --> the added DESCRIPTION text needs to be put into 2119-speak, e.g.,
something like:
       Attempts to set all zeros or all ones address values MUST be
       rejected.

[RW] Here is the modified object definition:

docsDevCpeIp OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      IpAddress
        MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
        STATUS      deprecated
        DESCRIPTION
            "The IPv4 address to which this entry applies.

             N.B.  Attempts to set all zeros or all ones address
             values MUST be rejected."
        ::= { docsDevCpeEntry 1 }

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2423 [2] {named-number-removed}
named number `other' removed from type used in `docsDevCpeSource'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2423 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevCpeSource'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2423 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevCpeSource' changed rfc2669.txt:1728 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevCpeSource'
   --> removing a value from an enumeration isn't one of the permitted
changes,
   as far as I know.  You can use conformance statements to say that the
value other(1)
   need not be supported (using WRITE-SYNTAX and READ-SYNTAX).

[RW] We added 'other(1)' back to the definition. Here is the modified
object definition:

docsDevCpeSource OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      INTEGER {
            other(1),
            manual(2),
            learned(3)
        }
        MAX-ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS      deprecated
        DESCRIPTION
            "This object describes how this entry was created.  If
             the value is manual(2), this row was created by a
             network management action (either configuration or
             SNMP set).  If set to learned(3), then it was found via
             looking at the source IPv4 address of a
             received packet.  The value other(1) is used for any
             entries that do not meet manual(2) or learned(3)
             criteria."
        ::= { docsDevCpeEntry 2 }

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2444 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevCpeStatus'
rfc2669.txt:1749 [6] {previous-definition} previous definition of
`docsDevCpeStatus'
   --> ok

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2588 [5] {node-added} node
`docsDevNotifications' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:306 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevIgmpModeControl' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:334 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevMaxCpe' has been added draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:544
[5] {node-added} column `docsDevNmAccessTrapVersion' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:700 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevSwServerAddressType' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:713 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevSwServerAddress' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:740 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevSwServerTransportProtocol' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:893 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevServerDhcpAddressType' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:908 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevServerDhcpAddress' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:919 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevServerTimeAddressType' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:929 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevServerTimeAddress' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:939 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevServerConfigTftpAddressType' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:954 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevServerConfigTftpAddress' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1418 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevEvSyslogAddressType' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1434 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevEvSyslogAddress' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:1446 [5] {node-added} scalar
`docsDevEvThrottleThresholdExceeded' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2460 [5] {node-added} table
`docsDevCpeInetTable' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2489 [5] {node-added} row
`docsDevCpeInetEntry' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2524 [5] {node-added} column
`docsDevCpeInetType' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2532 [5] {node-added} column
`docsDevCpeInetAddr' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2552 [5] {node-added} column
`docsDevCpeInetSource' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2568 [5] {node-added} column
`docsDevCpeInetRowStatus' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2870 [5] {node-added} node
`docsDevGroupsV2' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2871 [5] {node-added} node
`docsDevCompliancesV2' has been added
   --> additions are ok, will comment separately on any details

draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2692 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevNmAccessGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2692 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevNmAccessGroup' changed rfc2669.txt:1861 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevNmAccessGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2716 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevSoftwareGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2716 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevSoftwareGroup' changed rfc2669.txt:1876 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevSoftwareGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2737 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevServerGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2737 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevServerGroup' changed rfc2669.txt:1890 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevServerGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2764 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevEventGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2764 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevEventGroup' changed rfc2669.txt:1909 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevEventGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2793 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevFilterGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2793 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevFilterGroup' changed rfc2669.txt:1931 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevFilterGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2842 [5] {status-change} legal
status change from `current' to `deprecated' for `docsDevCpeGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:2842 [5] {description-changed}
description of `docsDevCpeGroup' changed rfc2669.txt:1977 [6]
{previous-definition} previous definition of `docsDevCpeGroup'
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:3321 [5] {node-added} group
`docsDevBaseIgmpGroup' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:3331 [5] {node-added} group
`docsDevBaseMaxCpeGroup' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:3346 [5] {node-added} group
`docsDevNmAccessExtGroup' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:3361 [5] {node-added} group
`docsDevSoftwareGroupV2' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:3377 [5] {node-added} group
`docsDevServerGroupV2' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:3399 [5] {node-added} group
`docsDevEventGroupV2' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:3425 [5] {node-added} group
`docsDevFilterLLCGroup' has been added
draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt:3443 [5] {node-added} group
`docsDevInetCpeGroup' has been added
   --> ok, though some of the DESCRIPTIONs are a bit funky.  (For
example, the
   capitalized "Mandatory" seems like it's trying to do something like a
2119
   keyword.)

[RW] We left the "funky" wording alone, for the most part. :^)

This is the end of the smidiff diagnostics.

Randy

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:02:49 -0700

Hi -

I'm ok with Richard's proposed changes in repsonse to my comments
in this thread.

Randy

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
To: "Ipcdn (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>; "Marez Kevin-MGI1375" <[email-masked]>; "Woundy,Richard"
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 7:51 PM
Subject: RE: [ipcdn] smidiff diagnosticsfordraft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt (part 3)

-- Rich

-----Original Message-----

Hi -

docsDevCpeIp OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      IpAddress

Randy