Subject: [ipcdn] DEFVAL for pktcSigDevVmwiMode in draft--09

From: "Eugene Nechamkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:08:39 -0800

There seems to be the following issue which draft's authors might want
to also consider in the course of ongoing draft's review.
 
The default value for pktcSigDevVmwiMode MIB Object currently defines
"dtAsETS" as the default alerting method. On the other hand, the default
value for the pktcSigDevCIDMode MIB Object currently defines the
"rpAsETS" as the default method for CallerID.
 
As Caller ID and VMWI functionality, in most cases, are embodied into a
single device, and no country, in practice, uses different alerting
methods for the two at the same time, it does not make much sense to
require two different alerting methods as the default values for Caller
ID and VMWI.
 
As a matter of fact, there are very few countries that deploy "dtas"
alerting for VMWI (Denmark, Brazil) but they, anyway, require "dtmf"
signaling protocol, rather than the "fsk" one currently defined as the
default signaling method in draft-09.
 
To improve the consistency of the MIB and convenience for Operators in
the field, the following is proposed: the default value of
pktcSigDevVmwiMode MIB Object should be "rpAsETS", rather than
"dtAsETS":
 
pktcSigDevVmwiMode OBJECT-TYPE 
 
    SYNTAX INTEGER { 
    .....................................
    DEFVAL { rpAsETS } 
    ::= {pktcSigDevConfigObjects 27 } 

Regards,
 
Eugene.
 
_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn