Subject: FW: [ipcdn] RFC 4547 on Event Notification Management Information Basefor Data over Cable Service Interface Specifications(DOCSIS)-Compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 16:21:10 +0300

Congratulations to the editors, contributors, chairs and to the whole
WG for the publication of this document. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 1:52 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [ipcdn] RFC 4547 on Event Notification Management Information
Basefor Data over Cable Service Interface
Specifications(DOCSIS)-Compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem
Termination Systems

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4547

        Title:      Event Notification Management Information Base 
                    for Data over Cable Service Interface 
                    Specifications (DOCSIS)-Compliant Cable Modems and 
                    Cable Modem Termination Systems 
        Author:     A. Ahmad, G. Nakanishi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 83917
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipcdn-docsisevent-mib-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4547.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) for
use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it defines a basic set of managed objects for Simple
Network Management Protocol (SNMP) based event notification management
of Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) compliant
Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems.  This MIB is defined
as an extension to the DOCSIS Cable Device MIB.

This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is compliant to the
Structure of Management Information Version 2 (SMIv2).  The set of
objects is consistent with the SNMP framework and existing SNMP
standards.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP over Cable Data Network Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be added to or
deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should be sent to
[email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending an
EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn