Subject: Society has always depended on discretion in the enforcement of the law so enforcement is consistent with the intent of various laws.

From: Wright Teresa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 12:57:30 -0400

VPSN WILL MOVE LIKE A COMET AND ITS ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER! Watch this
SUPERNOVA closely MONDAY!

VISION AIRSHIPS INC
Symbol: VPSN
Price: $0.021

BANGKOK, THAILAND, July 2007
Advertising Agencies Ready to Ink Deals!

The company wishes to announce that it is in final negotiations for
representation with some of the world's largest advertising agencies to
market and reserve the blimps for there clients.

VPSN THE RISING STAR, IS SET FOR SUPERNOVA STATUS ON MONDAY!

- Why do we not want our medical and financial records to be freely
available? A business person instructs them to send such letters.

Get the advice you need.

The privacy commissioner takes the position that if a device containing
personal information is lost, it is not considered a privacy breach if
the data has been encrypted. A business person instructs them to send
such letters.

The article has links to other material on corporate blogging from a UK
legal perspective.

And while I normally agree with Techdirt, I don't agree with their
ongoing thought that such things happen when lawyers make business
decisions.
I agree that lawyers need to rethink reactions to things that are posted
on the Web and advise accordingly, but lawyers don't fire off these
letters on their own. The best ones understand, assess and manage the
risks.

Be clear and to the point. The rebuttal when someone expresses
discomfort at this increased surveillance is: "If you are doing nothing
wrong, what's the problem?

Dell puts it well in their reply when they say: instead of trying to
control information that was made public, we should have simply
corrected anything that was inaccurate. This article has some good
insight into how to create an effective SLA. Privacy commissioners are
sensitive to the ability to search online, and the ability to combine
information leads to risks to privacy that don't exist when the same
records are in paper form. The best ones understand, assess and manage
the risks.

A recent fact sheet from the Ontario privacy commissioner contains
useful advice for any business that needs to encrypt data.

- Passion for your business is essential but isn't everything. It also
increases the ability to manipulate information.

Don't tell people why you need them to buy your product or hire you.

Privacy commissioners are sensitive to the ability to search online, and
the ability to combine information leads to risks to privacy that don't
exist when the same records are in paper form.

The commissioner states in the fact sheet the types of encryption that
will be satisfactory for mobile devices and the kinds that will not.

For earlier comments of mine on net neutrality, click on it in my tag
cloud.
That just resulted in more attention, and Dell has since issued an
apology.

The new service would allow the public to search the database by
property owner's name, address and roll number.

So if you want an iPhone for work purposes - check it out carefully
before you buy to make sure it will meet your needs. This is a classic
example of not thinking through a reaction. Encryption standards are
always evolving.
Its about an artist who found himself wrongly on the terrorist watch
list.
Be clear and to the point. Kudos to rTraction for preparing the great
video that kicked off the event.

Over the years, Buckner has interviewed and been involved with shows
profiling corporate leaders, successful entrepreneurs, failed
entrepreneurs, and those trying to make a business from their idea. I
tracked down the Boing Boing post - which attributes it to Craig Newmark
of Craiglist.

They have felt the need to limit searching by names, and to restrict the
uses that can be made from the information.