Subject: [ipcdn] draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess (-v14)

From: "Sumanth Channabasappa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:42:41 -0600

Folks,

We have posted version -14 of draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess,
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess-14.
txt). 

This version incorporates the comments received from Pasi and Lars,
based on the resolutions proposed by Rich Woundy and the co-authors. The
changes are summarized at the end of this email. I have also included
the results from IDNits verification and MIB compilation.

- S

Summary of changes:
-------------------

#1:
"The SYSLOG WG is obtaining a port number for SYSLOG over TLS that we
will use as the DEFVAL for pktcEventSyslogPort."

Specifically, the following change is suggested: 

	DEFVAL     { syslogs }

-- RFC Editor - replace syslogs with the IANA-assigned 
-- SYSLOG over TLS port in [RFCCCC ] and remove this note  

#2:

We also need to delete the following sentence from
pktcEventSyslogAddress: 'The MTA SHOULD NOT attempt to route to a
non-routable syslog IP address.'

#3: 
Align labels for the textual convention SyslogSeverityMask with the
syslog-tc-mib I-D
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-syslog-tc-mib-08)

These labels also appear in the DESCRIPTION text of
pktcEventClassSeverity and pktcEventReporting.

Editorial changes:
= Updated Acknowledgements to add Pasi and Lars
= Updated dates 

IDNits:
------

  Checking boilerplate required by RFC 3978 and 3979, updated by RFC
4748:
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
     No issues found here.

  Checking nits according to
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Miscellaneous warnings:
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Checking references for intended status: Proposed Standard
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------

     (See RFCs 3967 and 4897 for information about using normative
references
     to lower-maturity documents in RFCs)

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref.
'PKT-SP-PROV'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref. 'RFCABC'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref. 'RFCAAA'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref. 'RFCBBB'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref. 'RFCCCC'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref. 'RFCDDD'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref. 'RFCEEE'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref.
'ITU-T-J176'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref.
'ETSITS101909-22'

  -- Possible downref: Non-RFC (?) normative reference: ref.
'IANA-ENTERPRISE'

     Summary: 0 errors (**), 0 warnings (==), 10 comments (--).

MIB compilation results (http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/bin/smitools.cgi)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

= The following are related to SYSLOG-TC-MIB:

mibs/PKTC-IETF-EVENT-MIB:79: [2] {bad-identifier-case} `XXX' should
start with a lower case letter
mibs/PKTC-IETF-EVENT-MIB:79: [2] {object-identifier-not-prefix} Object
identifier element `XXX' name only allowed as first element
mibs/PKTC-IETF-EVENT-MIB:340: [2] {defval-syntax} default value syntax
does not match object syntax

= The following are related to PKTC-IETF-EVENT-MIB

mibs/PKTC-IETF-EVENT-MIB:79: [2] {bad-identifier-case} `XXX' should
start with a lower case letter
mibs/PKTC-IETF-EVENT-MIB:79: [2] {object-identifier-not-prefix} Object
identifier element `XXX' name only allowed as first element
mibs/PKTC-IETF-EVENT-MIB:340: [2] {defval-syntax} default value syntax
does not match object syntax

Note: The first two are obvious. The last one is due to the recent
change to the default port to reflect tls as the transport.

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn