Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-01.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:19:24 +0100

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over DVB Working Group of the IETF.

         Title           : Address Resolution for IP datagrams over MPEG-2 
networks
         Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst, M. Montpetit
         Filename        : draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-01.txt
         Pages           : 0
         Date            : 2005-9-14

    This document describes the process of binding/associating IPv4/IPv6
    addresses with MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). This procedure is
    known as Address Resolution (AR), or Neighbour Discovery (ND). Such
    address resolution complements the higher layer resource discovery
    tools that are used to advertise IP sessions.

    In MPEG-2 networks, an IP address must be associated with a Packet
    ID (PID) and a specific Transmission Multiplex. The document reviews
    current methods. It also describes the interaction with well-known
    protocols for address management including DHCP, ARP, and NDP, and
    provides guidance on usage.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
         mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-01.txt>