Subject: Call for feedback: Security requirements for IETF IPDVB WG

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:59:04 +0000

If you think this work is useful (should progress) please do email either
the ipdvb WG list or the WG Chair. Comments on this topic should be received
before 24th November 2006.

---

The IETF ipdvb WG is planning to adopt the following Internet Draft as a
work item:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ipdvb/draft-cruickshank-ipdvb-sec-req-04.txt

If accepted by the WG, the WG intends to request publication of a future
revision as an Informational RFC, according to the Charter milestone in:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipdvb-charter.html

At this time we are asking working group members and interested parties to
send comments/queries/objections to either the ipdvb WG mailing list (above)
or the WG Chair ([email-masked]). In particular we are seeking
feedback on any of:

* Is this work useful to you or your organisation?
* Are there any additional issues that you think that it may be useful to
see addressed?
* Do you have ideas/text/comments that you would like to contribute?

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst
(ipdvb WG Chair)

---

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:35:01 +0000

> before 24th November 2006.
<snip>

I have been forwarded an excerpt from the final report of the TTCP, C3I, 
Technical Panels 6 & 8, Workshop on Future Coalition Operational and 
Tactical IP Networking, held in September 2005.

This report was prepared following a joint workshop on Miliatry IP 
networks, and included a detailed discussion of security issues (see 
attached). There was a delay in releasing these findings, but they now 
arrive at an appropriate time to allow dicussion on the above WG call.

Please do send comments, to the ipdvb mailing list,

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst

<<FCOTIPN IETF Recommendations v1.pdf>>
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/ip-dvb/docs/FCOTIPN%20IETF%20Recommendations%20v1.pdf

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:09:22 +0000

No - This has not been offered.

Gorry

Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> Is the entire report available ?
> 
> Regards
> Marshall
> 
> On Nov 20, 2006, at 5:35 AM, Gorry Fairhurst wrote:
> 
>> Gorry Fairhurst wrote:
>>
>> I have been forwarded an excerpt from the final report of the TTCP,  
>> C3I, Technical Panels 6 & 8, Workshop on Future Coalition  Operational 
>> and Tactical IP Networking, held in September 2005.
>>
>> attached). There was a delay in releasing these findings, but  they 
>> now arrive at an appropriate time to allow dicussion on the  above WG 
>> call.
>>

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 07:41:20 -0500

Regards
Marshall

On Nov 20, 2006, at 5:35 AM, Gorry Fairhurst wrote:

> C3I, Technical Panels 6 & 8, Workshop on Future Coalition  
> Operational and Tactical IP Networking, held in September 2005.
>
> networks, and included a detailed discussion of security issues  
> (see attached). There was a delay in releasing these findings, but  
> they now arrive at an appropriate time to allow dicussion on the  
> above WG call.
>