Subject: New WG Draft: draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:35:31 -0000 (GMT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft has now been adopted as a WG draft, and contributions
 from the working group as a whole are most welcome, as we progress this
towards publication.

Best wishes,
Gorry

This draft is a work item of the IP over DVB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Security requirements for the Unidirectional Lightweight
Encapsulation (ULE) protocol
	Author(s)	: H. Cruickshank, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2006-12-8

The MPEG-2 standard defined by ISO 13818-1 [ISO-MPEG2] supports a
       range of transmission methods for a range of services. This
       document provides a threat analysis and derives the security
       requirements when using the Transport Stream, TS, to support an
       Internet network-layer using Unidirectional Lightweight
       Encapsulation (ULE) [RFC4326]. The document also provides the
       motivation for link-level security for a ULE Stream. A ULE Stream
       may be used to send IPv4 packets, IPv6 packets, and other
       Protocol Data Units (PDUs) to an arbitrarily large number of
       Receivers supporting unicast and/or multicast transmission.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-sec-req-00.txt>