Subject: [Fwd: ULE-Sec-REQ- interim version update] -05a

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:40:08 +0000

Dear all,

The authors have agreed to do an interim edit of this document, to 
reflect the discussions on the list, and hope to publish this as an I-D 
by the end of next week. I have uploaded this latest "edit" of the 
security draft from the authors to the WG web site. This includes 
repsonses to many of the issues raised during the call to adopt as a WG 
item.

If you have already made comments, or would like to do now, please check 
these links and send comments to the list.

http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/ip-dvb/ids/draft-cruickshank-ipdvb-sec-req-05a.txt

The html differences (from the last published rev) are also at:

http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/ip-dvb/ids/htmldiff_version4-5.htm

Gorry

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	ULE-SEc-REQ-veriosn update
Date: 	Fri, 1 Dec 2006 19:27:03 -0000
From: 	<[email-masked]>
To: 	<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
CC: 	<[email-masked]>

Hi All,
Here is the version 5a and version 4 of the draft. I have also sent you
the htmldiff and the wdiff of these 2 versions. I tried to incorporate
all the comments and suggestions. Please look through them for any
comments/corrections and so.

Gorry could you please post the html stuff on some web server so that
everyone on the list can see the changes

Cheers
Sunny

---

From: Michael Noisternig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:26:37 +0100

Hi Sunny,

thanks for your replies to my comments and your quick document update. I 
have briefly checked the diff to the preliminary 05a revision, and I am 
fine with the changes; just one minor thing I've spotted... in the 
Summary you say
"There is an optional requirement for L2 authentication and integrity 
assurance as well as protection against insertion of other data into the 
ULE stream (i.e. data integrity)."
I think what you want to say at the end of the sentence is
"...as well as protection against insertion of old (duplicated) data 
into the ULE stream (i.e. replay protection)."

Michael