Subject: [ipfix] no IPFIX session in Vancouver?

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:51:14 +0200

Dear all,

After submitting all WG documents to the IESG, I assume
that there will be no IPFIX session in Vancouver.
Is this correct?

Thanks,

    Juergen 

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 18:46:51 +1300

> that there will be no IPFIX session in Vancouver.

Short answer, yes, we haven't asked for a formal WG meeting time.

Our four drafts have now been submitted, now we have to see them 
through IESG review, fix any problems, then see them through the 
RFC editor.  All of which will take quite some time.

Of course, IPFIX folk can get together informally to discuss
future IPFIX-related activities, e.g. having another IPFIX interop
event, considering future extensions (e.g. following up on David 
Moore's comment about 'generic typed' IEs), etc.  The only thing
to remember is that raising new IPFIX work items will mean we have
to revise the IPFIX charter ...

Cheers, Nevil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Nevil Brownlee                 Computer Science Department | ITSS
   Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941           The University of Auckland
   FAX: +64 9 373 7021      Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand

-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through University of Auckland
http://www.auckland.ac.nz/

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 11:09:15 +0200

> RFC editor.  All of which will take quite some time.

Yes, we should expect some time for this. There was no feedback
and no visible action on the (IPFIX-independent) PSAMP drafts
submitted for IESG review in July.

> to revise the IPFIX charter ...

I expect that we will have some space for additional items in the
PSAMP agenda. We can discuss some of the issues also there.

    Juergen

---

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:14:07 +1300

> PSAMP agenda. We can discuss some of the issues also there.

Good idea, thanks Juergen.

Cheers, Nevil