Subject: [ipfix] Additional AD review for: draft-ietf-ipfix-info-11 XML Schema Rev iew

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 06:43:55 +0100

Pls include the below comment as AD review comments for
this document. 

Thanks for the review to Scott!

Bert

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Hollenbeck [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 19:32
To: 'Wijnen, Bert (Bert)'; 'David Kessens'; [email-masked]
Subject: draft-ietf-ipfix-info-11 XML Schema Review

Review at Bert's request.

Appendix A:

The best that can be done with this is to confirm that it's well-formed XML.
It's NOT a specification in the formal sense of the word.

Appendix B:

This is an XML Schema specification.  As currently written it's not valid.
The issues:

The legitimate <schema> element is commented out.  It shouldn't be.  There
are also some other structures in the Schema that are commented out without
explanation.  They should be either removed, or something should be added to
explain why they're commented out.

The URI used to identify the Schema doesn't follow the conventions for IETF
Schemas described in RFC 3688, but that's probably OK if this is just for
informational purposes.

The XPath described at the end of the Schema is invalid.  Here's the error
returned from IBM's XML Schema Quality Checker:

MESSAGE
No node in element http://www.ietf.org/ipfix:fieldDefinitions corresponds to
<selector xpath="field"
/>
 defined in <unique name="infoElementIdUnique">
    <selector xpath="field"/>
    <field xpath="infoElementId"/>
</unique>
. Invalid XPath starting from
http://www.ietf.org/ipfix:fieldDefinitions:field.

It appears to be invalid because there's nothing defined as infoElementId in
the Schema.

<attribute name="group" type="string" use="required">
  <annotation>
    <documentation>to be done ...</documentation>
  </annotation>
</attribute>

Note the "to be done".

-Scott-

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/