Subject: [IPFIX] IPFIX-PROTO clarifications: Malformed IPFIX Messages with TCP and UDP

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:59:30 +0200

Dear all,

While working on the implementation guidelines draft, Paul Aitken 
discovered the following problem: the actions to be taken for the 
malformed IPFIX Messages are not well described for the TCP and UDP 
transport protocols (while it's correctly described for SCTP)

_What's currently in the draft:_
SCTP:

    "If the Collecting Process receives a malformed IPFIX Message, it
    MUST reset the SCTP association, discard the IPFIX Message, and
    SHOULD log the error. ". This is fine!

TCP:

    nothing

UDP:

    nothing

_Proposed text to be added in section 10.4.2.2 "Template Management" for 
TCP__:_

     "If the Collecting Process receives a malformed IPFIX Message, it
    MUST reset the TCP connection, discard the IPFIX Message, and SHOULD
    log the error. "

_Proposed text to be added in section 10.3.7 "Collecting Process" for UDP___

    "If the Collecting Process receives a malformed IPFIX Message, it
    MUST discard the IPFIX Message, and SHOULD log the error. "

Any objections on these clarifying sentences?

Regards, Paul and Benoit.

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix