Subject: [IPFIX] Protocol Action: 'Bidirectional Flow Export using IPFIX' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 15:21:39 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Bidirectional Flow Export using IPFIX '
   <draft-ietf-ipfix-biflow-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-biflow-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document describes an efficient method for exporting bidirectional
flow (Biflow) information using the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
protocol, representing each Biflow using a single Flow Record.

Working Group Summary
 
The working group considered several methods of encoding bidirectional
flow data, these are discussed in the document, as well as the method
which was chosen. The Working Group has reached consensus on this
document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document has been reviewed by by the IPFIX Working Group Chairs and
by Dan Romascanu for the IESG. It also underwent a security directorate
review by Rob Austein and a GenArt review by Christian Vogt.

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix