Subject: [IPFIX] IPFIX session summary

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:50:07 +0200

The IPFIX WG is getting close to achieving all milestones of its charter.
Six documents are in the RFC editors queue.  The implementation guidelines
passed IETF last call and will soon be ready for IESG review.  Remaining
WG documents to progress are the drafts on IPFIX testing and the IPFIX MIB.
Both are expected to enter WGLC within the next few weeks.

The WG supported a proposal to apply a late change to the IPFIX protocol
removing the restriction on the use of SCTP stream 0.  This may result
in calling the IPFIX protocol document back from the RFC editor queue,
mofifying it and passing it again to WGLC, IETF LC, and IESG review.

Most time of the session was spent on discussing new potential work items.
Candidates include issues that the WG is discussing for a long time already
(IPFIX configuration, IPFIX file format, aggregation of IPFIX flow reports)
as well as rather new issues (reporting on a single SCTP stream, IPFIX flow
sampling, ordering of information elements in flow records, reporting of
IPFIX type information).  Based on the discussion, the chairs will suggest
a list of work item candidates to be discussed on the mailing list.

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix