Subject: [IPFIX] Next steps, take three

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 11:36:02 +1200

Hi all:

Yesterdays 'next steps' post gave me useful feedback.
Following up on that:

1: Config Data Model
    I'd forgotten that at our Chicago meeting we noted that "Perhaps
    IPFIX could be one of the first WGs to benefit from using a
    standards-track configuration protocol."  I agree with that,
    so this item should have been 'Standards Track.'

3: File Format
4: Exporting Types
    Feedback was that (4) is intended to be a normative reference
    for (3), and (3) needs to be 'Standards Track,' because it really
    describes a fourth transport for IPFIX.  (4) also needs to be
    'Standards Track,' since (like the 'biflows' RFC) it specifies a
    standard way to describe IEs within IPFIX.

The current status of the IPFIX/PSAMP drafts is now:
psamp
   framework, protocol, sample-tech   Publication Requested
   info                               I-D Exists

ipfix
   implementation guidelines          revised ID needed
   testing                            not submitted yet (due Nov 2006)
   MIB                                not submitted yet (due Mar 2007)

   protocol                           in IETF LC
     In Chicago we said "We will also make corresponding changes to
     the Implementation Guidelines and Testing drafts,  and re-run their
     Last Calls."
     *** Would the authors/editors of these two drafts
         see what changes (if any) are needed, please. ***

and the 'next steps' are:
a) Adopt the following drafts as work items:
    1: Config data model, Standards Track, submit by Nov 07
    2: SCTP per-stream, Informational, submit by Nov 07
    3: File Format, Standards Track, submit by DNov 07
    4: Exporting Types, Standards Track, submit by Nov 07

b) Those interested in '5: Mediators' should work on a 'problem
    statement' document which would provide a framework for specific  
drafts
    on some of the component parts, starting with Aggregation and  
(maybe)
    Anonymisation.

Any further feedback, please?

Cheers, Nevil

---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix