Subject: [IPFIX] DRAFT minutes for IPFIX meeting at IETF-71

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 04:45:37 +1300

Hi all:

Here are my draft minutes of our meeting yesterday.  Please send me
any corrections or suggested imporovements.

Cheers, Nevil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

Minutes of the IPFIX WG meeting, 11 Mar 09, at IETF-71, Philadelphia

Chair: Nevil Brownlee

Nevil reviewed our current drafts: RFCs 5101, 5102 and 5103 are
published, the 'implementation-guidelines' draft is in RFC Editor 48
hours state, and the 'ipfix-testing' draft is waiting for author
responses to the Gen Area review.  The psamp 'framework,From [email-masked]  Wed Mar 12 08:49:22 2008
From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Organization: U Auckland
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 04:45:37 +1300
Subject: [IPFIX] DRAFT minutes for IPFIX meeting at IETF-71
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi all:

Here are my draft minutes of our meeting yesterday.  Please send me
any corrections or suggested imporovements.

Cheers, Nevil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

Minutes of the IPFIX WG meeting, 11 Mar 09, at IETF-71, Philadelphia

Chair: Nevil Brownlee

Nevil reviewed our current drafts: RFCs 5101, 5102 and 5103 are
published, the 'implementation-guidelines' draft is in RFC Editor 48
hours state, and the 'ipfix-testing' draft is waiting for author
responses to the Gen Area review.  The psamp 'framework,' 'sampling
technology' and 'protocol' drafts have been submitted to IESG, and
'information-model' is ready to submit.

Thomas Dietz presented the 'ipfix MIB;' this is now ready for WG Last
Call.  It is the last work item from our old charter.

Elise Boschi presented the 'Exporting Type Information' draft. Some
issues were raised, they will be resolved on the list.  The draft will
then be ready for WGLC.

Brian Trammell presented the 'ipfix-file' draft.  It has a few
remaining issues; work continues to resolve these before the Dublin
IETF meeting.

Benoit Claise presented the 'configuration-model' draft on behalf of
Gerhard Muenz; the structure of the model is specified as a YANG
module.  Work on this is continuing, perhaps it will use the YANG
language (discussed in the canmod BOF).  This draft was accepted as a
wg draft, with Paul Aitken, Christophe Sommer and Benoit Claise as
reviewers.

Benoit presented the 'per-stream-sctp-exporting' draft.  This was
accepted as a wg draft, with Elisa Boschi, Brian Trammell and 
Kobayashi Atsushi as reviewers.

Kobayashi Atsushi presented draft-kobayashi-ipfix-large-ps-01.txt.
This was accepted as a wg draft, it will become the 'ipfix mediators
problem statement' draft.

The next agenda item was the 'mediators framework.' Four people
presented material for this: Kobayashi Atsushi, Emile Stephan, Falko
Dressler and Elisa Boschi.  There was extensive discussion,
particularly about the form of the eventual framework draft; it needs
to be similar to an 'architecture' draft, explaining how a (network
of) mediators can be put together.  Nevil announced that the wg will
hold an editing session for authors/contributors to the framework
documents on Thursday morning in room 414.  Dan Romascanu commented
that the framework will be an important step towards developing a
mediators architecture, and encouraged people to "watch closely,
contribute to the framework discussion, but also to start work on
their individual 'mediator' projects."

Paul Aitken has submitted a new individual draft, 'new information
elements;' Benoit presented this on his behalf.  The procedure for
obtaining element numbers of new IEs was discussed; Dan says that
one should simply request them from IANA.  Benoit and Nevil agreed
to discuss this with IANA, Nevil will report back to the list.

Hitoshi Irino presented the latest version of his 'order of ipfix 
information elements' draft.  He would like ipfix implementers to
test his ideas on their implementations.

Nevil will revise the wg's milestones and post them to the list.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

' 'sampling
technology' and 'protocol' drafts have been submitted to IESG, and
'information-model' is ready to submit.

Thomas Dietz presented the 'ipfix MIB;' this is now ready for WG Last
Call.  It is the last work item from our old charter.

Elise Boschi presented the 'Exporting Type Information' draft. Some
issues were raised, they will be resolved on the list.  The draft will
then be ready for WGLC.

Brian Trammell presented the 'ipfix-file' draft.  It has a few
remaining issues; work continues to resolve these before the Dublin
IETF meeting.

Benoit Claise presented the 'configuration-model' draft on behalf of
Gerhard Muenz; the structure of the model is specified as a YANG
module.  Work on this is continuing, perhaps it will use the YANG
language (discussed in the canmod BOF).  This draft was accepted as a
wg draft, with Paul Aitken, Christophe Sommer and Benoit Claise as
reviewers.

Benoit presented the 'per-stream-sctp-exporting' draft.  This was
accepted as a wg draft, with Elisa Boschi, Brian Trammell and 
Kobayashi Atsushi as reviewers.

Kobayashi Atsushi presented draft-kobayashi-ipfix-large-ps-01.txt.
This was accepted as a wg draft, it will become the 'ipfix mediators
problem statement' draft.

The next agenda item was the 'mediators framework.' Four people
presented material for this: Kobayashi Atsushi, Emile Stephan, Falko
Dressler and Elisa Boschi.  There was extensive discussion,
particularly about the form of the eventual framework draft; it needs
to be similar to an 'architecture' draft, explaining how a (network
of) mediators can be put together.  Nevil announced that the wg will
hold an editing session for authors/contributors to the framework
documents on Thursday morning in room 414.  Dan Romascanu commented
that the framework will be an important step towards developing a
mediators architecture, and encouraged people to "watch closely,
contribute to the framework discussion, but also to start work on
their individual 'mediator' projects."

Paul Aitken has submitted a new individual draft, 'new information
elements;' Benoit presented this on his behalf.  The procedure for
obtaining element numbers of new IEs was discussed; Dan says that
one should simply request them from IANA.  Benoit and Nevil agreed
to discuss this with IANA, Nevil will report back to the list.

Hitoshi Irino presented the latest version of his 'order of ipfix 
information elements' draft.  He would like ipfix implementers to
test his ideas on their implementations.

Nevil will revise the wg's milestones and post them to the list.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: Kobayashi Atsushi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:12:35 +0900

Hi all,

> Nevil announced that the wg will
> documents on Thursday morning in room 414.  

I prepared slide regarding IPFIX protocol considerations.
It summarizes discussion points. 

Please get from the following site.

http://www3.plala.or.jp/akoba/ietf71st_mediator.pdf

Regards,
Atsushi KOBAYASHI

---

From: Kobayashi Atsushi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:12:35 +0900

Hi all,

Regards,
Atsushi KOBAYASHI