Subject: [IPFIX] Summary of our session on Monday

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:00:14 +0200

Dear all,

Here is a short summary of our session on Monday.

The IPFIX WG has completed all documents of the old charters except
for the IPFIX MIB module which will enter WG last call after the
IETF meeting.

There are six new WG I-Ds based on the current charter. One of them,
the type export I-D, was considered complete at the session and
publication as RFC will be requested immediately after he IETF meeting.
For two other I-Ds, the file format and the single SCTP stream I-D,
WG last call will start after the IETF meeting.

The I-D on IPFIX mediation has been split into two documents, a
pure problem statement I-D and a mediator framework I-D. The first one
has undergone significant changes and needs one more revision before
entering WG last call. The latter one is not yet listed as WG milestone
in the charter. New milestones for it will be requested after the IETF
meeting.

The I-D on IPFIX configuration is intended to be aligned with the YANG
framework that the NETMOD WG is developing. However, a stable version
of YANG is not expected in the near future. Therefore, the WG discussed
to split the configuration I-D into a standards trFrom [email-masked]  Thu Jul 31 00:10:24 2008
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:00:14 +0200
From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
To: IETF IPFIX Working Group <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IPFIX] Summary of our session on Monday
Sender: [email-masked]

Dear all,

Here is a short summary of our session on Monday.

The IPFIX WG has completed all documents of the old charters except
for the IPFIX MIB module which will enter WG last call after the
IETF meeting.

There are six new WG I-Ds based on the current charter. One of them,
the type export I-D, was considered complete at the session and
publication as RFC will be requested immediately after he IETF meeting.
For two other I-Ds, the file format and the single SCTP stream I-D,
WG last call will start after the IETF meeting.

The I-D on IPFIX mediation has been split into two documents, a
pure problem statement I-D and a mediator framework I-D. The first one
has undergone significant changes and needs one more revision before
entering WG last call. The latter one is not yet listed as WG milestone
in the charter. New milestones for it will be requested after the IETF
meeting.

The I-D on IPFIX configuration is intended to be aligned with the YANG
framework that the NETMOD WG is developing. However, a stable version
of YANG is not expected in the near future. Therefore, the WG discussed
to split the configuration I-D into a standards track information model
and an experimental data model for IPFIX configuration. The idea is to
update the experimental data model whenever the work on YANG is concluded.
At the session on Monday there was consensus on going this way, but if
anyone disagrees, please speak up on the list.

Thanks,

    Juergen

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

ack information model
and an experimental data model for IPFIX configuration. The idea is to
update the experimental data model whenever the work on YANG is concluded.
At the session on Monday there was consensus on going this way, but if
anyone disagrees, please speak up on the list.

Thanks,

    Juergen

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix