Subject: [IPFIX] First ACM Workshop on Network Data Anonymization

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 17:19:27 +0200

All,

Posting this here as I think it might be of interest to the IPFIX  
community...
we are pleased to announce, and invite you to participate in, the  
First ACM
Workshop on Network Data Anonymization (NDA 2008), held at George Mason
University in Fairfax, Virginia, USA, near Washington, DC, on Friday 31
October 2008, in association with the Fifteenth ACM Conference on  
Computer and
Communications Security (CCS 2008).

This inaugural workshop focuses on the theory and practice of  
anonymization as
it applies to network data for use by the Internet measurement research
community and operators deploying network measurement technologies.  
Though the
application of anonymization techniques to network traffic data is not  
a new
area of work, several factors are now converging to focus attention on  
network
data anonymization. These include a growing requirement for "real"  
network
data for Internet measurement research studies as Internet measurement  
matures
as a science; increasing interest in network data sharing across
administrative domains for network operations and security purposes;  
and the
continued scaling up of network monitoring and measurement activities,  
with
the attendant increase in difficulty of maintaining the privacy of the  
end
users of the network.

The program consists of an invited talk, two panels, five papers, and
addresses a wide variety of issues surrounding these factors. The talk  
and
panel discussions focus on the interaction of network measurement, data
sharing, and anonymization within their greater social, political, legal
contexts, and feature jurists, researchers, technologists, and  
operators, for
a wide and varied perspective on the field. Papers address advances in
anonymization itself, especially relating to anonymization metrics and
operational applications of anonymization, and in novel approaches to  
the
problems anonymization is intended to solve.

See http://www.ics.forth.gr/~antonat/nda08.html for details; the  
workshop
program is available at http://www.ics.forth.gr/~antonat/nda_program.html 
. The
workshop is held in association with ACM CCS; see
http://www.sigsac.org/ccs/CCS2008/ for registration and hotel details.  
Note
that the workshop will be held at George Mason University in Fairfax,  
not at
the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center with the main conference program;
transportation will be available from the conference hotel, see the  
CCS page
for details.

We look forward to seeing you at the workshop!

Regards,

Brian
_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix