Subject: [IPFIX] Review of IPFIX MIB -04

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:07:48 +1300

Hi all:

I've read the mib-04 draft carefully; it seems clear and consistent,
and certainly provides useful insight as to how one could implement
an IPFIX Exporter or Collector.

One question:

Section 5.2, 'Transport Session Table,' holds lots of information
about every transpot-layer connection, but it doesn't have an object
that says whether a connection is being used for Export or Import.
Maybe one could infer that by looking to see whether the end wusing
port 4739 is not the one hosting the MIB, but a user may choose not
to use the reserved port.  I guess one could also infer it from entries
in the other tables - Metering Processes perhaps?  However, would it
be useful to have an object that specifies export/import directly here?

Suggested 'editorial' changes:

section 2, p5: s/how IPFIX Data Record and Templates/
                  how IPFIX Data Records and Templates/

sect 3, p6:  s/compliant to the SMIv2/compliant with the SMIv2/

s 5.2, p8:   s/across unreliable connections as UDP/
                across unreliable connections with UDP/

s 5.4, p13:    |  +- ipfixExportedTemplateDefinitionIeId (2) = 159
                |  |                      (flowStartDeltaMicroseconds)
              s/(flowStartDeltaMicroseconds)/
                (flowEndDeltaMicroseconds)/

s 5.5, p14:  s/This also The member type/The member type/

s 5.6, p15:  s/Observation Points they are observed/
                Observation Points where they are observed/

s 5.9, p17:    |  +- ipfixFuncF2Avail (is the function F2 available)
              s/available)/available?)/

Cheers, Nevil

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix