Subject: [IPFIX] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipfix-mediators-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 08:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPFIX Mediation: Framework
	Author(s)       : A. Kobayashi, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipfix-mediators-framework-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This document describes a framework for an IPFIX Mediation.  This
framework details an IPFIX Mediation reference model and the
components of the IPFIX Mediation device (IPFIX Mediator).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-mediators-framework-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: Atsushi Kobayashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 01:57:44 +0900

Dear all,

I submitted -01 version mediator framework draft.

Changes from -00 to -01 version are as follows:
Table of Contents was changed in accordance with that of IPFIX-ARCH
draft.

- Added "IPFIX Mediation Reference Model" section.
 It shows the high level figure of IPFIX Mediation

- Changed current section 3 "Architecture Model" to 
 "IPFIX Mediation Functional and Logical Blocks"

- Added subsection 4.5 "Flow Expiration".

- Added subsection 4.6 "Information Model".

- Added subsection 4.7 "Examples"

  - removed "Mediator Metering Process"
In -00 version, Intermediate Process covered Mediator Metering Process
and IPFIX File Writer/Reader. But, in -01 version, the position of IPFIX
File Writer/Reader becomes equivalent to that of Exporting/Collecting
Process. So, Mediator Metering Process became meaningless. 

- Added subsection 4.3.4. "Correlation Function".
- Added the description of Time/Space Composition in Aggregation
 Function.

- removed section "Guideline for IPFIX Protocol for IPFIX Mediators".
 It will be continued in another Mediator Protocol draft, in near future.

Regards,
Atsushi Kobayashi

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

--- 
Atsushi KOBAYASHI  <[email-masked]>
NTT Information Sharing Platform Lab.
tel:+81-(0)422-59-3978 fax:+81-(0)422-59-5637

---

From: Atsushi Kobayashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 01:57:44 +0900

Dear all,

Regards,
Atsushi Kobayashi

---