Subject: [IPFIX] DRAFT IPFIX meeting minutes

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:53:24 +1300

Hi all:

Herewith draft minutes from Wednesday morning's meeting.
Please send me any corrections.

Cheers, Nevil

Minutes of IPFIX Working Group session
0900, Wed 19 Nov 08
33 people attending + 6 more via jabber.

IANA issues with the psamp-info draft were resolved Tuesday morning,
it's now in the RFC Editor queue.  That clears the 'normative
reference needed state of the other three psamp drafts, and four ipfix
drafts in the queue.  Also, ongoing discussions with IANA over the
ipfix Information Element registry are now complete; IANA have the IE
Registry online, in XML.

The IPFIX MIB was presented by Benoit Claise.  It is now complete,
Juergen will forward its writeup document to Dan.  The psamp wg will
now work on the psamp MIB (the last psamp document), and expect that
to be finished fairly quickly.  The psamp wg will then close.

Brian Trammell presented the File Format draft.  That draft, and the
Exporting Types draft are now complete; Nevil will forward their writeup
documents to Dan.

Benoit presented the Per-SCTP-Stream draft.  It is complete, but has a
normative reference to draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpstrrst-00.txt, a tsvarea
draft specifying SCTP Stream Resets.  Since Per-Stream depends oFrom [email-masked]  Thu Nov 20 17:53:30 2008
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:53:24 +1300
From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
To: IPFIX list <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IPFIX] DRAFT IPFIX meeting minutes
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi all:

Herewith draft minutes from Wednesday morning's meeting.
Please send me any corrections.

Cheers, Nevil

Minutes of IPFIX Working Group session
0900, Wed 19 Nov 08
33 people attending + 6 more via jabber.

IANA issues with the psamp-info draft were resolved Tuesday morning,
it's now in the RFC Editor queue.  That clears the 'normative
reference needed state of the other three psamp drafts, and four ipfix
drafts in the queue.  Also, ongoing discussions with IANA over the
ipfix Information Element registry are now complete; IANA have the IE
Registry online, in XML.

The IPFIX MIB was presented by Benoit Claise.  It is now complete,
Juergen will forward its writeup document to Dan.  The psamp wg will
now work on the psamp MIB (the last psamp document), and expect that
to be finished fairly quickly.  The psamp wg will then close.

Brian Trammell presented the File Format draft.  That draft, and the
Exporting Types draft are now complete; Nevil will forward their writeup
documents to Dan.

Benoit presented the Per-SCTP-Stream draft.  It is complete, but has a
normative reference to draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpstrrst-00.txt, a tsvarea
draft specifying SCTP Stream Resets.  Since Per-Stream depends on
n
that, Benoit will work with its author (Randall Stewart) to encourage
tsvarea to accept it as a wg item and get it published as soon as
possible.

The Config Data Model draft was presented by Benoit.  It is complete,
but depends on having its actual data model written in YANG.  YANG is
not yet stable, the netconf wg expects to finish it by September 09.
We agreed to keep the IPFIX Config Model draft as is, and wait for
YANG to become stable.  We will review that decision next year.

Kobayashi Atsushi presented the two IPFIX Mediation drafts.  These have
both been updated following list discussion; that discussion
continues, but both are nearing completion.  Both of them reference
three other drafts that had been discussed in the wg (flow
anonymisation, aggregation, and flow selection techniques) as examples
of IPFIX Mediation.  We agreed that the drafts should be revised
further to include brief summaries of the 'examples' drafts, and
quite a few other issues that have arisen on the mailing list.  We
believe that those drafts will later reappear as wg work items for
Mediation Intermediate Processes using the Mediation Framework.

Nevil had circulated a proposed set of milestone changes on the list,
they were discussed and amended.

Under 'any other business,' it was reported that ippm have considered
specifying some metrics derived from passive measurements - IPFIX would
be a useful source of such data.  Alt Morton commented that Passive
Measurements have a low priority in ippm.

Brian Trammel reported that he and Elisa Boschi had given an IPFIX
tutorial at IMC.

The meeting closed at 1020; thanks to Ralf Wolter for his meeting
notes.

------------------------------------------------------------

One-para summary:

The psamp-info draft is approved, all eight ipfix/psamp drafts can now
appear as RFCs.  IANA have published the IPFIX Information Elements
Registry.  Three IPFIX drafts are now complete, Nevil and Juergen will
do their writeups and pass them to Dan.  The SCTP-per-stream draft is
waiting for a tsvarea document, SCTP Stream Reset.  Our Config Model
is complete, we're waiting to see how soon YANG will be stable.  The
two IPFIX Mediators drafts are in good shape, but need sections
covering anonymisation, aggregation, and flow selection techniques) as
examples of IPFIX Mediation.

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

that, Benoit will work with its author (Randall Stewart) to encourage
tsvarea to accept it as a wg item and get it published as soon as
possible.

The Config Data Model draft was presented by Benoit.  It is complete,
but depends on having its actual data model written in YANG.  YANG is
not yet stable, the netconf wg expects to finish it by September 09.
We agreed to keep the IPFIX Config Model draft as is, and wait for
YANG to become stable.  We will review that decision next year.

Kobayashi Atsushi presented the two IPFIX Mediation drafts.  These have
both been updated following list discussion; that discussion
continues, but both are nearing completion.  Both of them reference
three other drafts that had been discussed in the wg (flow
anonymisation, aggregation, and flow selection techniques) as examples
of IPFIX Mediation.  We agreed that the drafts should be revised
further to include brief summaries of the 'examples' drafts, and
quite a few other issues that have arisen on the mailing list.  We
believe that those drafts will later reappear as wg work items for
Mediation Intermediate Processes using the Mediation Framework.

Nevil had circulated a proposed set of milestone changes on the list,
they were discussed and amended.

Under 'any other business,' it was reported that ippm have considered
specifying some metrics derived from passive measurements - IPFIX would
be a useful source of such data.  Alt Morton commented that Passive
Measurements have a low priority in ippm.

Brian Trammel reported that he and Elisa Boschi had given an IPFIX
tutorial at IMC.

The meeting closed at 1020; thanks to Ralf Wolter for his meeting
notes.

------------------------------------------------------------

One-para summary:

The psamp-info draft is approved, all eight ipfix/psamp drafts can now
appear as RFCs.  IANA have published the IPFIX Information Elements
Registry.  Three IPFIX drafts are now complete, Nevil and Juergen will
do their writeups and pass them to Dan.  The SCTP-per-stream draft is
waiting for a tsvarea document, SCTP Stream Reset.  Our Config Model
is complete, we're waiting to see how soon YANG will be stable.  The
two IPFIX Mediators drafts are in good shape, but need sections
covering anonymisation, aggregation, and flow selection techniques) as
examples of IPFIX Mediation.

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: "Juergen Quittek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 18:40:10 +0100

Dear all,

There is an update of the minutes mainly based on the notes taken
by Ralf Wolter.

Please check them at

    http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08nov/minutes/ipfix.txt

Thanks,

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek        [email-masked]        Tel: +49 6221 4342-115
NEC Europe Limited,    Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 4342-155
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.netlab.nec.de
Registered Office: NEC House, From [email-masked]  Sun Nov 23 09:40:26 2008
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 18:40:10 +0100
From: "Juergen Quittek" <[email-masked]>
To: "Nevil Brownlee" <[email-masked]>,
	"IETF IPFIX Working Group" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [IPFIX] DRAFT IPFIX meeting minutes
Sender: [email-masked]

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
Dear all,

There is an update of the minutes mainly based on the notes taken
by Ralf Wolter.

Please check them at

    http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08nov/minutes/ipfix.txt

Thanks,

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek        [email-masked]        Tel: +49 6221 4342-115
NEC Europe Limited,    Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 4342-155
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.netlab.nec.de
Registered Office: NEC House1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL, UK
Registered in England 2832014