Subject: [IPFIX] Request for summaries of "Mediator-Framework-based" drafts

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 05:53:31 +1300

Hi draft authors:

The IPFIX Mediation drafts we're currently considering have
informative references to your individual drafts listed below.
For example, they are used in the Mediation Problem Statement
draft to give clear examples of what Mediators can do.

At this week's IPFIX session in Minneapolis, we agreed that
it would be better not to have references to "work in Progress"
drafts.  Instead, we'd like to include brief summaries, say
two or three paragraphs, maybe a page each.

In order to help the Mediation draft editors, and to make sure
that those summaries accurately portray the intent of your drafts,
could you please write a brief summary for each of your drafts,
end email it to the IPFIX list?

Once we have consensus on the Mediaton drafts, the next step for
the Working Group will be to consider new WG items.  Standards
Track drafts on mediators, conforming to the Mediation Framework,
will be obvious candidates for new IPFIX work.

The drafts we need summaries for are:

    [I-D.boschi-ipfix-anon]
         Boschi, E. and B. Trammell, "IP Flow Anonymisation
         Support", draft-boschi-ipfix-anon-01.txt (work in
         progress) , July 2008.

    [I-D.dressler-ipfix-aggregation]
         Dressler, F., Sommer, C., Muenz, G., and A. Kobayashi,
         "IPFIX Aggregation",
         draft-dressler-ipfix-aggregation-05.txt (work in
         progress) , July 2008.

    [I-D.peluso-flowselection]
         Peluso, L., Zseby, T., D'Antonio, S., and M. Molina, "Flow
         selection Techniques",
         draft-peluso-flowselection-tech-01.txt (work in
         progress) , November 2007.

Thanks, Nevil

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix