Subject: [IPFIX] SCTP Stream Reset and IPFIX Per Stream Export

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:08:26 -0700

Greetings, all,

Per my recent comment in the TSVWG meeting, I've looked over draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-04 primarily from the point of view of an IPFIX implementor, especially with respect to draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream; I'm not really qualified to do a more in-depth review (i.e., verifying that sections 3-5 properly provide the functionality behind the interface described in section 6).

The primary functionality required for per-stream is described, from the API level, in 6.3.4 "Add Outgoing Streams" (and, of course, 6.3.1 "Enable/Disable Stream Reset"). These sections are complete for our purposes. To the extent that the rest of the document accurately describes the protocol-level interactions required to support the functionality described therein, I'd say that this document is exactly what is needed for IPFIX, and is ready to go.

Best regards,

Brian

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:03:07 -0500

Brian

Thanks for providing the review for the area(s) you do fully 
understand, and for being honest about what how you qualify your knowledge.

James
(TSVWG chair)

At 04:08 PM 3/22/2010, Brian Trammell wrote:
>Greetings, all,
>
>Per my recent comment in the TSVWG meeting, I've looked over 
>draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-04 primarily from the point of view of 
>an IPFIX implementor, especially with respect to 
>draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream; I'm not really qualified to 
>do a more in-depth review (i.e., verifying that sections 3-5 
>properly provide the functionality behind the interface described in 
>section 6).
>
>The primary functionality required for per-stream is described, from 
>the API level, in 6.3.4 "Add Outgoing Streams" (and, of course, 
>6.3.1 "Enable/Disable Stream Reset"). These sections are complete 
>for our purposes. To the extent that the rest of the document 
>accurately describes the protocol-level interactions required to 
>support the functionality described therein, I'd say that this 
>document is exactly what is needed for IPFIX, and is ready to go.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Brian