Subject: [IPFIX] Problems with Flow Collection in large-scale networks - Flowmon Probe : Hardware-Accelerated IPFIX Autonomous 10 GbE probe

From: Guillaume FORTAINE <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:49:11 +0100

Misses, Misters,

Let me introduce myself : Guillaume FORTAINE, Engineer in Computer
Science. Me and my partners, INVEA-TECH [0], are currently working on
High-Speed Networking Solutions.

Our flagship product is Flowmon probe that is a Hardware Accelerated
IPFIX Autonomous 10 GbE probe [1] :

http://www.cert.org/flocon/2009/presentations/Celeda_FlexibleFlow.pdf

The advantage of autonomous NetFlow probe is the possibility to deploy
NetFlow measurement where a dedicated source of NetFlow data is
missing. Autonomous NetFlow probes allows user to set any parameter
arbitrarily without fear that the bypassing traffic will be
influenced. On the other hand when enabling NetFlow on routers one
have to always be careful about the additional performance demands on
hardware resources by monitoring process (please see the following
article from Cisco entitled "NetFlow Performance Analysis" [2]).
Probes are usually more flexible and allow to test new features such
as different types of sampling, filtering or anonymization.

For you to have a better overview of our company :

We are young and progressive European IT company based on the results
of several EU R&D projects. We have world unique products for
wire-speed packet processing (100 Gigabit Ethernet networks Ready).

We look forward to your answer,

Best Regards,

[0] http://www.invea-tech.com
[1] http://www.invea-tech.com/products/flowmon-probes
[2] 
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/technologies/tk543/tk812/technologies_white_paper0900aecd802a0eb9.html

Guillaume FORTAINE
Tel : +33(0)631092519