Subject: [IPFIX] ***DRAFT*** minutes for IPFIX meeting at IETF 77

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:11:24 -0700

Hi all:

Here are the draft minutes of our meeting on Tuesday afternoon.
Please send me any corrections!

Cheers, Nevil

IPFIX WG meeting at IETF 77, 1520 on 23 March 2010
Minutes by Nevil Brownlee

Nevil Brownlee reported that of 18 currently-open IPFIX errata, 15 are
editorial.  Two are for the IPFIX File Format RFC, Brian Trammel has
verified those.  The last, 2052, changes the type for the SelectorID
IE.  It was unsigned16; mailing list discussion has reached consensus
for unsigned32.  Nevil will summarise all these errata and ask Dan
(our Area Director) to verify them for the RFC Editor.

Benoit Claise presented the Config Model draft version 05, and
reviewed its changes since 04.  Remaining issues are: consistent names
for Cache parameters (the IPFIX MIB RFC is at AUTH-48, these change
should be made there too), and decide on parameters for Selectors
templates.  When we have a new version, it will be passed back to
IESG.

Benoit presented the SCTP per-stream (Standards Track) draft. It's
remaining issue is "how will a collector determine whether an exporter
supports this extension to IPFIX."  We await consensus on the mailing
list.

Atsushi Kobayashi presented the Mediators drafts.  A new version of
the Problem Statement is ready, it resolves issues that arose in IETF
Last Call, it will now be passed to IESG.  The Mediation Framework has
completed WG Last Call, the authors are considering security issues
concerning certificate handling.  The meeting suggested that it should
be done in the same way as in the File Format RFC.  Once we have a new
version it will be submitted to IESG.

Brian Trammell presented the latest version of the Flow Anonymisation
draft, which has had two revisions since its WG LC.  Benoit and Lothar
agreed to review the current version; after any revisions it will be
ready for IETF Last Call.

Tanja Zseby presented the Flow Selection Techniques draft, pointing out
that it follows on from the PSAMP work, selecting flows rather than
packets.  The authors will add more examples, and respond to issues
raised by reviewers.  When we have a new version it will be ready for
WG Last Call.

Benoit presented the Structured Data draft, which has generated a lot
of list traffic lately.  It has one remaining issue, how to specify
the semantics of a structured object.  Discussion will continue on the
list; the authors will produce a new draft for WG Last Call.

Benoit and Juergen presented the PSAMP MIB draft.  This is the last
of the PSAMP drafts, and has been restructured to become an extension
to the IPFIX MIB.  Discussion will continue on the list.

The meeting continued with presentations of new individual drafts.
Lothar Braun presented his IPFIX DTLS Recommendations draft, he would
like to see this work appear as part of an update to the IPFIX
Implementation Guidelines.

Lothar also presented his draft on compressed IPFIX, describing his
recent work on smart electricity meters.  He would like to hear from
anyone else interested in IPFIX compression.

Shingo Kashima presented his draft on Data Link Monitoring; that
proposes to add a small set of new IPFIX IEs for various link layer
environments.  Juergen Quittek explained that - once consensus on the
proposed IEs has been reached on the list - there are three possible
ways to do this: simply submit a request for them to IANA, make an
Individual Submission to IETF, or wait until the WG can take this up
as a WG charter item.

Benoit presented the current version of the Mediation Protocol draft.
The draft's authors will meet later in IETF to work on it.

Sujay Gupta presented his Reliability Template draft, which proposes
a simplified version of the IPFIX Reliability reporting.  Discussion
of this idea will continue on the list.

Nevil will post a set of proposed new WG Milestones to the list.

The meeting finished at 1720.

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand