Subject: Re: [IPFIX] DRAFT agenda for IETF in Anaheim

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 14:56:48 +1300

Hi Atsushi:

1) OK, I've added this to the Anaheim agenda.

2) Your draft says 'Standards Track,' but independent submissions can
    only be Informational or Experimental.  Standards Track drafts need
    to become a WG item ... let's discuss it further in Anaheim.

3) As you've reminded me below, I'll post some comments real soon now!

Cheers, Nevil

Atsushi Kobayashi wrote:
> Hi Nevil, and all,
> 
> We are preparing the next version draft of new information element for
> link layer monitoring. 
> http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-01.txt
> 
> In last meeting, we discussed how to progress it furthermore.
> Please see minute of last meeting.
> 
>           New Drafts
>              Data-link Layer Monitoring, Shingo Kashima.
>                Proposes to make 3 new IEs?
>                dataLinkFrameType - why not use ifType (from RMON) for values.
>                Juergen says "since Ethernet is so common, this should be
>                documented in an RFC."  Could be an Independent Submission.
>                Dan agrees we need a more detailed draft, discussed on WG.
>                Nevil will send some comments to the authors.
> 
> I and Kashima-san would like to have 5 or 10 minutes to present the
> update in IPFIX WG. But, I am not sure how to progress it. Should it be
> presented at another working group, or independent submission? 
> Will you give me any suggestion about it?
> 
> Regards,
> Atsushi

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

---

From: Atsushi Kobayashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:07:11 +0900

Hi Nevil,

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 14:56:48 +1300

> 1) OK, I've added this to the Anaheim agenda.

Thank you! Kashima-san will present it.

>     to become a WG item ... let's discuss it further in Anaheim.

Yes, let's discuss also how to progress it.
I do not adhere to "Standards Track". Our goal is to register new
Information Elements for data link frame into IANA. If we achieve it, it
does not matter.

> 3) As you've reminded me below, I'll post some comments real soon now!

I am looking forward to your comments.

Regards,
Atsushi

> > Will you give me any suggestion about it?

--- 
Atsushi KOBAYASHI  <[email-masked]>
NTT Information Sharing Platform Lab.
tel:+81-(0)422-59-3978 fax:+81-(0)422-59-5637