Subject: [IPFIX] FW: IPR Statement RE: draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export-00

From: "Rachel Albright -X (ralbrigh - Unknown at Cisco)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:55:45 -0700

Below is a copy of Cisco's IPR statement regarding
draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export-00.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rachel Albright -X (ralbrigh - Unknown at Cisco) 
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Andrew Johnson (andrjohn); Benoit Claise (bclaise); Paul Aitken
(paitken)
Subject: IPR Statement RE: draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export-00

Cisco is the owner of US Patent No. 7,788,371 relating to the subject
matter of "Exporting MIB variables using the IPFIX Protocol"
<draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export-00>. 
 
If technology in this document is included in a standard adopted by IETF
and any claims of any Cisco patents are necessary for practicing the
standard, any party will have the right to use any such patent claims
under reasonable, non-discriminatory terms, with reciprocity, to
implement and fully comply with the standard.
 
The reasonable non-discriminatory terms are:
 
If this standard is adopted, Cisco will not assert any patents owned or
controlled by Cisco against any party for making, using, selling,
importing or offering for sale a product that implements the standard,
provided, however that Cisco retains the right to assert its patents
(including the right to claim past royalties) against any party that
asserts a patent it owns or controls (either directly or indirectly)
against Cisco or any of Cisco's affiliates or successors in title or
against any products of Cisco or any products of any of Cisco's
affiliates either alone or in combination with other products; and Cisco
retains the right to assert its patents against any product or portion
thereof that is not necessary for compliance with the standard.
 
Royalty-bearing licenses will be available to anyone who prefers that
option.

For information contact:
 
Dan Lang
Director, Intellectual Property
Cisco Systems
+1 408-526-6672
[email-masked]