Subject: [IPFIX] Agenda for Beijing

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 12:38:01 +1300

Hi all:

I've posted the (slightly re-worked) agenda to the Meeting Materials
page, but it doesn't seem to have updated there.  So here it is,
appended below.

Those who wish to present, please email me your slides by 1000
on Wednesday morning!

If you're not in Bejing, we will have a Webex setup, so you should be
able to hear the audio and see the slides as presentations are given.
However, the Webex at the Beijing venue won;t be able to handle incoming
questions; you'll have to use Jabber for that.

Which reminds me, it would be a big help to organise a meeting scribe
and Jabber scribe *before* the meeting.  If you could help with that,
do please email me :-)

Cheers, Nevil

=========================================
IP Flow Information Export WG (ipfix)
Agenda for IETF #79, Beijing
Wednesday 10 November, 0900-1130, Jade 1
=========================================

Chairs:
Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Nevil Brownlee  <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. Agenda review                                        =  5 min

2. Update from last meeting / WG Status (Nevil)         = 15 min
       Mediators Problem Statement - published, RFC 5982
       Export-per-sctp-Stream - in queue, waiting on sctpstream-reset
       Mediators-framework - in AD Followup
       Anonymisation Support - in IETF Last Call
       Config Model - being reviewed by MIB Doctors
       Flow Selection Techniques - WGLC done, waiting for -03

3. Current WG drafts                                    = 20 min
     a) Export of Structured Data in IPFIX
        draft-ietf-ipfix-structured-data-03, 11 Oct 10
          2nd WG LC started 18 Oct 10

     d) PSAMP MIB
        draft-ietf-ipfix-psamp-mib-01.txt,  27 Jul 10

4. What next for IPFIX?
    Real soon now - say before IETF 80 - we should have completed
    the current IPFIX work items.  We're now ready to consider how
    IPFIX should develop.  This section of the agenda is intended
    as (the beginning of) our re-chartering discussions ...

    a) Progressing IPFIX Standards-Track RFCs to Draft Standard  = 20 min
        - Fix errata, add clarification text, would we need
            anything else?
        - Would need inter-operation reports from several implementors.
            Could we hold an interop event concurrent with IETF 80?

    b) Information Elements
       - draft-trammell-ipfix-ie-doctors-00                      = 15 min
          1 Oct 10  Guidelines for Information Elements
          Could also address questions like sub-registries
          and versioning

    c) Protocol for IPFIX Mediations (Benoit Claise)             = 15 min
         draft-claise-ipfix-mediation-protocol-02  25 Oct 10

    d) Other new drafts (that export new kinds of information)   = 45 min
       - draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-04
          26 Oct 10  Exporting link-layer information

      - draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export-00.txt
          19 Oct 10  Exporting MIB objects

      - draft-akhter-ipfix-perfmon-01.txt
          25 Oct 10  App and Network Performance measurements

      - draft-claise-export-application-info-in-ipfix-00
          16 Oct 10  Exporting Application Tags

5. Any Other Business                                   = 15 min

Presentation slides will be available at
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=79
   (search for IPFIX in the Operations and Management Area)

Participation via jabber is offered at [email-masked]

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand