Subject: [IPFIX] Beijing agenda update

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:57:47 -0800

Hi all:

Sorry to be slow with this - my laptop power supply died Sunday
afternoon, that's slowed me down a little.

Here's a slightly-updated agenda for our IPFIX meeting tomorrow morning.

Those presenting, please email a copy of your slides to
   [email-masked]
by about 10 pm this evening in Beijing.

Cheers, Nevil

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

=========================================
IP Flow Information Export WG (ipfix)
Agenda for IETF #79, Beijing    [-02]
Wednesday 10 November, 0900-1130, Jade 1
=========================================

Chairs:
Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Nevil Brownlee  <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. Agenda review                                        =  5 min

2. Update from last meeting / WG Status (Nevil)         = 15 min
       Mediators Problem Statement - published, RFC 5982
       Export-per-sctp-Stream - in queue, waiting on sctpstream-reset
       Mediators-framework - in AD Followup
       Anonymisation Support - in IETF Last Call
       Config Model - being reviewed by MIB Doctors
       Flow Selection Techniques - WGLC done, waiting for -03
       IANA: sub-registries, versioning

3. Current WG drafts                                    = 15 min
    a) Export of Structured Data in IPFIX
         draft-ietf-ipfix-structured-data-03, 11 Oct 10
           2nd WG LC started 18 Oct 10

    b) PSAMP MIB
        draft-ietf-ipfix-psamp-mib-02.txt,   8 Nov 10

4. What next for IPFIX?
    Real soon now - say before IETF 80 - we should have completed
    the current IPFIX work items.  We're now ready to consider how
    IPFIX should develop.  This section of the agenda is intended
    as (the beginning of) our re-chartering discussions ...

    a) Mediation-realetd drafts                          = 20 min
       - Protocol for IPFIX Mediations (Benoit Claise)
           draft-claise-ipfix-mediation-protocol-02  25 Oct 10

       - Exporting Aggr4egated Flow Data (Brian Trammel)
           draft-trammell-ipfix-a9n-01.txt  25 Oct 10

    b) Progressing IPFIX Standards-Track RFCs to Draft Standard = 20 min
        - Fix errata, add clarification text, would we need
            anything else?
        - Would need inter-operation reports from several implementors.
            Could we hold an interop event concurrent with IETF 80?

    c) Information Elements
       - draft-trammell-ipfix-ie-doctors-00              = 20 min
          1 Oct 10  Guidelines for Information Elements
          Could also address questions like sub-registries
          and versioning

    d) Other new drafts (that export new kinds of information)  = 45 min
       - draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-04
          26 Oct 10  Exporting link-layer information

      - draft-johnson-ipfix-mib-variable-export-00.txt
          19 Oct 10  Exporting MIB objects

      - draft-akhter-ipfix-perfmon-01.txt
          25 Oct 10  App and Network Performance measurements

      - draft-claise-export-application-info-in-ipfix-00
          16 Oct 10  Exporting Application Tags

5. Any Other Business                                   = 10 min

Presentation slides will be available at
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=79
   (search for IPFIX in the Operations and Management Area)

Participation via jabber is offered at [email-masked]

------------------