Subject: [IPFIX] Document Action: 'IPFIX Mediation: Framework' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ipfix-mediators-framework-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:07:07 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPFIX Mediation: Framework'
  (draft-ietf-ipfix-mediators-framework-09.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-mediators-framework/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a framework for IPFIX Mediation.  This
   framework extends the IPFIX reference model by defining the IPFIX
   Mediator components.

Working Group Summary

   The mediation framework was added to the IPIFX charter in 2008.
   There is a strong consensus in the IPFIX WG to publish this version
   of the document. The document had multiple individual reviews from key 
   WG members during two WG last calls. Several comments were made 
   and have been addressed when updating the document after the WGLCs.
   There are no particular issues in the document without strong consensus 
   in the IPFIX WG.

Document Quality

   The document underwent two WG last call in the IPFIX WG.
   This way, a high document quality has been achieved already.

Personnel

   Juergen Quittek is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the
   Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

1.  Add to the document header: 

Updates: 5470 (if approved)

2. In the Abstract:

OLD: 

    This document describes a framework for IPFIX Mediation.  This
    framework extends the IPFIX reference model by defining the IPFIX
    Mediator components.

NEW: 

    This document describes a framework for IPFIX Mediation.  This
    framework extends the IPFIX reference model specified in RFC5470
    by defining the IPFIX Mediator components.

3. Add RFC 5470 and RFC 5655 as Normative References

4. In Section 8: 

OLD: 

     IPFIX Mediation reuses the general information models from [RFC5102]
     and [RFC5477].  However, several Intermediate Processes would
     potentially require additional Information Elements as follows:

NEW: 

    IPFIX Mediation reuses the general information models from [RFC5102]
    and [RFC5477], and, depending on the Intermediate Processes type, potentially Information
    Elements such as:

5. Append at the end of Section 5.3 the following paragraph: 

       For example, an Intermediate Aggregation Process aggregating incoming
       Flow Records composed of the sourceIPv4Address and destinationIPv4Address
       Flow Keys into outgoing Flow Records with the destinationIPv4Address
       Flow Key, must the modify the incoming flowKeyIndicator to contain only the
       destinationIPv4Address.