Subject: [IPFIX] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-09.txt

From: Gerhard Muenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 17:30:41 +0100

Dear all,

 I have submitted a new version of the configuration draft which 
 addresses the comments made by Lada and Mehmet/Bernd during the second 
 WGLC. Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

 There was some concern about the size of the yang module. The 
 configuration could be split into Exporter and Collector configuration, 
 or even into OP/MP, EP, and CP configuration. However, if I understand 
 correctly, references (leafrefs) across yang modules are only possible 
 if the source module imports the destination module. Hence, as MP refers 
 to EP, the MP module would need to import the EP module. Similary, the 
 CP module would need to import the EP module as well. In addition, all 
 modules would need to import one module with common type definitions.

 All in all, it seems that we would not gain much by splitting the 
 module. So, the current draft still contains a single yang module.

 Kind regards,
 Gerhard

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: [IPFIX] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-09.txt
 Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 02:15:02 -0800
 From: [email-masked]
 To: [email-masked]
 Cc: [email-masked]

 A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
 directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Flow Information Export Working 
 Group of the IETF.

 	Title           : Configuration Data Model for IPFIX and PSAMP
 	Author(s)       : G. Muenz, et al.
 	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-09.txt
 	Pages           : 124
 	Date            : 2011-03-09

 This document specifies a data model for configuring and monitoring
 Selection Processes, Caches, Exporting Processes, and Collecting
 Processes of IPFIX and PSAMP compliant Monitoring Devices using the
 NETCONF protocol [RFC4741].  The data model is defined using UML
 (Unified Modeling Language) class diagrams and formally specified
 using YANG [RFC6020].  The configuration data is encoded in
 Extensible Markup Language (XML).

 A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-09.txt

 Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
 ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

 Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
 implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
 Internet-Draft.

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 03:15:49 +0000

Hi Gerhard,

Do you consider this draft ready for requesting publication?
Or would it be better to discuss the YANG module at Prague?

Thanks,

    Juergen

>  A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-09.tx>
t
> _______________________________________________
> IPFIX mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: Gerhard Muenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:07:14 +0100

Hi Jürgen,

 I will not be in Prague. So, from my side, there is no need to discuss 
 the yang module there.

 We could wait for a brief feedback from the yang doctors. Otherwise, 
 the draft is ready for publication.

 Regards,
 Gerhard

 On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 03:15:49 +0000, Juergen Quittek wrote:
>>  Subject: [IPFIX] I-D 
>> Action:draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-09.txt