Subject: [IPFIX] R: One more feedback on XML: New Version Notification - draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-13.txt

From: "Salvatore D'Antonio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 07:45:26 +0100

Dear Benoit, all

I submitted a new version of the ID on Flow Selection Techniques.

With respect to the previous version the Appendix A has been removed,
section 7.1 to section 7.11 have been moved to IANA Considerations section,
in section 7.x the status Proposed has been changed with Current, and TBDx
has been replaced by 9 in the registry.

Kind regards,

Salvatore 

Da: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Per conto di
Benoit Claise
Inviato: mercoledì 27 febbraio 2013 12:07
A: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Oggetto: [IPFIX] One more feedback on XML: New Version Notification -
draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-13.txt

Dear authors,

One more feedback, and a question for the WG
Based on feedback received from the OPS DIRECTORATE on RFC5102bis, the
following was inserted
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipfix-information-model-rfc5102bis-10#
section-7.3

   The reference to the current schema is embedded in the registry
   [IPFIX-IANA
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipfix-information-model-rfc5102bis-10
#ref-IPFIX-IANA> ]; this schema may change from time to time as necessary
   to support the maintenance of the registry. As such, the schema
   urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:ipfix-info [IPFIX-XML-SCHEMA
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipfix-information-model-rfc5102bis-10
#ref-IPFIX-XML-SCHEMA> ] specified in
   [RFC5102 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5102> ] has been deprecated.

Should the IPFIX draft remove the reference to the RFC5102 xsd?
Typically for this draft, it means removing the appendix A
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-13#appendix
-A)
Personally, I believe it makes sense to remove it.

Regards, Benoit (as a contributor)

Dear authors,

Looking at the diff, I have the following feedback.

flowSelectorAlgorithm is a new IE, to be registered by IANA
I see this in section 7.1:

New assignments for the registry will be administered by
IANA and are subject to Expert Review [RFC5226
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5226> ].

This new registry should be in the IANA considerations section.
For an example of the IANA considerations, see
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6313#section-11.3
So the section 7.1 to 7.11 should be in the IANA considerations section.

Also, in that registry, I see:

   +----+------------------------+--------------------------+
   |TBDx| Flow-state Dependent   | No agreed Parameters     |
   |    | Intermediate Flow      |                          |
   |    | Selection Process      |                          |
   +----+------------------------+--------------------------+

This should be

   +----+------------------------+--------------------------+
   |  9 | Flow-state Dependent   | No agreed Parameters     |
   |    | Intermediate Flow      |                          |
   |    | Selection Process      |                          |
   +----+------------------------+--------------------------+

On this last point, I realized that I mislead you. Mea culpa.

I see  in section 7.x

   Status: Proposed

The status should be "current"

Really, http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6313#section-11.3 is a good example.

And finally, there are new fields in
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipfix/ipfix.xml since you posted you
version. For example "revision". Instruct IANA that they need to put the
value 0.

These comments can be taken into account part of the WGLC to come. Up to
chairs to decide.

Regards, Benoit

A new version (-13) has been submitted for
draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-13.
txt
 
Sub state has been changed to AD Followup from Revised ID Needed

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech/
 
Diff from previous version:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-13
 
IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

  _____  

Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 2013.0.2899 / Database dei virus: 2641/6133 - Data di rilascio:
25/02/2013