Subject: [IPFIX] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-14.txt> (Flow Selection Techniques) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:55:31 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Flow Information Export WG
(ipfix) to consider the following document:
- 'Flow Selection Techniques'
  <draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-04-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Intermediate Flow Selection Process is the process of selecting a
   subset of Flows from all observed Flows.  The Intermediate Flow
   Selection Process may be located at an IPFIX Exporter, Collector, or
   within an IPFIX Mediator.  It reduces the effort of post-processing
   Flow data and transferring Flow Records.  This document describes
   motivations for using the Intermediate Flow Selection process and
   presents Intermediate Flow Selection techniques.  It provides an
   information model for configuring Intermediate Flow Selection Process
   techniques and discusses what information about an Intermediate Flow
   Selection Process should be exported.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1540/