Subject: [IPFIX] BCP 184, RFC 7013 on Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Information Elements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 22:00:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 184        
        RFC 7013

        Title:      Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers 
                    of IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) 
                    Information Elements 
        Author:     B. Trammell,
                    B. Claise
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 76406
        See Also:   BCP 184

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-ie-doctors-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7013.txt

This document provides guidelines for how to write definitions of new
Information Elements for the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
protocol.  It provides instructions on using the proper conventions
for Information Elements to be registered in the IANA IPFIX
Information Element registry, and provides guidelines for expert
reviewers to evaluate new registrations.

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC