Subject: [IPFIX] RFC 7012 on Information Model for IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 22:00:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7012

        Title:      Information Model for IP Flow 
                    Information Export (IPFIX) 
        Author:     B. Claise, Ed.,
                    B. Trammell, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 50237
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5102

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-information-model-rfc5102bis-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7012.txt

This document defines the data types and management policy for the
information model for the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
protocol.  This information model is maintained as the IANA "IPFIX
Information Elements" registry, the initial contents of which were
defined by RFC 5102.  This information model is used by the IPFIX
protocol for encoding measured traffic information and information
related to the traffic Observation Point, the traffic Metering
Process, and the Exporting Process.  Although this model was developed
for the IPFIX protocol, it is defined in an open way that allows it
to be easily used in other protocols, interfaces, and applications.
This document obsoletes RFC 5102.

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC