Subject: [IPFIX] RFC 7015 on Flow Aggregation for the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 22:01:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7015

        Title:      Flow Aggregation for the IP 
                    Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol 
        Author:     B. Trammell,
                    A. Wagner,
                    B. Claise
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 112055
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-a9n-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7015.txt

This document provides a common implementation-independent basis for
the interoperable application of the IP Flow Information Export
(IPFIX) protocol to the handling of Aggregated Flows, which are IPFIX
Flows representing packets from multiple Original Flows sharing some
set of common properties.  It does this through a detailed
terminology and a descriptive Intermediate Aggregation Process
architecture, including a specification of methods for Original Flow
counting and counter distribution across intervals.

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC