Subject: [IPFIX] RFC 7014 on Flow Selection Techniques

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 22:00:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7014

        Title:      Flow Selection Techniques 
        Author:     S. D'Antonio, T. Zseby,
                    C. Henke, L. Peluso
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 72581
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7014.txt

The Intermediate Flow Selection Process is the process of selecting a
subset of Flows from all observed Flows.  The Intermediate Flow
Selection Process may be located at an IP Flow Information Export
(IPFIX) Exporter or Collector, or within an IPFIX Mediator.  It
reduces the effort of post-processing Flow data and transferring Flow
Records.  This document describes motivations for using the
Intermediate Flow Selection process and presents Intermediate Flow
Selection techniques.  It provides an information model for
configuring Intermediate Flow Selection Process techniques and
discusses what information about an Intermediate Flow Selection
Process should be exported.

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC