Subject: [IPFIX] Reminder: TRAC 2014 CFP -- http://trac2014.ftw.at/

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:04:18 +0100

Greetings, all,

The following venue may be of interest to those of you doing network
measurement research; the deadline is coming up shortly after the holidays.

Cheers,

Brian

CALL FOR PAPERS

TRAC 2014 -- 5th International Workshop on TRaffic Analysis and
Characterization
Technically Sponsored by IEEE and FP7 mPlane
August 4-8 2014
Nicosia, CYPRUS

SCOPE

The continued evolution of the Internet is characterized by dramatic
changes in the way users behave, interact with and use the network.
Today's Internet content and applications are increasingly delivered by
ever larger content delivery networks (CDNs) and cloud infrastructures.

Other changes in the Internet, such as the explosion of mobile traffic
and the growing deployment of encryption (e.g. HTTPS Everywhere) demand
new approaches for characterizing and analyzing network traffic.
Malicious and abusive traffic continues to evolve as well, and
techniques for detection must evolve in kind.

The fifth edition of the TRAC workshop continues to serve as a forum for
scientists and engineers in academia and industry to exchange and
discuss their experiences and research results about all aspects of
traffic classification, characterization, and analysis.

TOPICS

The workshop is soliciting high quality papers discussing original and
innovative experimental activities, unpublished and not currently
submitted for publication elsewhere, on topics including (but not
limited) to the following:

* Traffic analysis and characterization algorithms and techniques
* Detection, analysis, and classification of network anomalies
* Platforms for on-line, real-time traffic analysis and characterization
* Evaluation of traffic classification and analysis techniques
* Data-reduction techniques for traffic analysis and visualization
* Privacy-preservation in traffic analysis, classification, and
characterization
* Effects of anonymization on traffic analysis, classification, and
characterization
* Identification and classification of encrypted traffic
* Advanced algorithms for deep packet inspection
* Post-DPI approaches for traffic classification
* Applications of traffic analysis to network security
* Traffic analysis studies on operational networks and large-scale
traffic data sets
* Applications of traffic analysis to network operations and management
* Ultra-high rate (10 - 100Gbit) traffic analysis, classification, and
characterization
* Analysis and characterization of mobile and wireless traffic
* Forwarding-plane support for network measurement and analysis

SUBMISSIONS

Prospective authors are invited to submit their papers using the EDAS
system.
Submitted papers must be no longer than six (6) IEEE style pages
including results, figures and references. Papers will be reviewed by
the standard reviewing procedure.
Accepted papers will be published on the IEEE Xplore Digital Library

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper submission:   January 15, 2014
Notifications:      March 15, 2014
Camera-ready:       April 1, 2014

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Workshop Chairs:

* Pedro Casas (FTW Vienna Research Center, Austria)
* Brian Trammell (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)

Honorary Chairs:

* Christian Callegari (University of Pisa, Italy)
* Sandrine Vaton (TELECOM Bretagne, France)