Subject: Protocol Action: Management Information Base for IP Version 6: Textual Conventions and General Group to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 07:11:42 -0500

The IESG has approved publication of the following Internet-Draft:

o Management Information Base for IP Version 6:  Textual Conventions
  and General Group <draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6-mib-04.txt> as a Proposed
  Standard.

o  Management Information Base for IP Version 6:  ICMPv6 Group 
   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6-icmp-mib-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  

These documents are the product of the IPNG Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
  The document "Management Information Base for IP Version 6: Textual
  Conventions and General Group" is one in the series of documents that
  provide MIB definitions for IP Version 6. Specifically, the IPv6 MIB
  textual conventions as well as the IPv6 MIB General group is defined
  in this document. This document specifies a MIB module in a manner
  that is both compliant to the SNMPv2 SMI, and semantically identical
  to the peer SNMPv1 definitions.

  The document "Management Information Base for IP Version 6: ICMPv6
  Group" is one in the series of documents that define various MIB
  object groups for IPv6. This particular document defines the ICMPv6
  group of the IPv6 MIB.

Working Group Summary

  The Working Group last call produced no issues with this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Juergen
  Schoenwaelder. It has also been reviewed by Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas
  Narten of the IESG.