Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:13:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DNS Lookups Keyed on IPv6 Addresses
	Author(s)	: M. Crawford
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 16-Mar-98
	
    This document defines a new structure for the zones which support
    DNS lookups keyed on IPV6 addresses.  (Often called reverse
    lookups.)  It allows address space to be delegated on arbitrary
    bit-boundaries.  The delegation information can be be usefully
    cached.  A zone describing delegated space can be used for multiple
    parallel copies of that address space, as for a dual-homed provider
    or site, and need not be modified if the space is renumbered at a
    higher level.
 
    The new structure can coexist with the old tree under the same name,
    IP6.INT.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.