Subject: (ION) Re: W.G. Last Call on "IPv6 over Point-to-Point ATM Link"

From: "Markus Jork" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 98 10:42:02 +0100

> This is a IPng working group last call for comments on advancing the
> following document as an Proposed Standards:
>
>	Title		: IPv6 over Point-to-Point ATM Link
>	Author(s)	: K. Yamamoto, Y. Inoue, H. Esaki, Y. Atarashi, 
>                       K. Cho, A. Hagiwara
>	Filename	: draft-yamamoto-ipv6-over-p2p-atm-01.txt

???

I'm very surprised that this document is going into last call!
I thought it was very clear that the ion group is taking care
of IPv6 over ATM and other NBMA networks.

I'm not saying I disagree with the contents of this draft. It's similar
to what we have in draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-01.txt and
draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-atm-01.txt.

draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-01.txt defines a general framework for IPv6 over
NBMA networks and draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-atm-01.txt is the ATM specific
companion document. There is also a Frame Relay specific document
draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-fr-00.txt.

The ion architecture *explicitely* covers the ATM point-to-point (PVC)
case and that pretty much results in what is being proposed in
draft-yamamoto-ipv6-over-p2p-atm-01.txt. So it doesn't really make sense
to advance this draft.

Markus

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.