Subject: Protocol Action: Transmission of IPv6 Packets over FDDI Networks to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 09:15:01 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Transmission of IPv6 Packets
over FDDI Networks' <draft-ietf-ipngwg-trans-fddi-net-05.txt> as a
Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the IPNG Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten.

Note: This document is a replacement for RFC2019. The IESG also
requests that RFC2019 be reclassified as historic.

Technical Summary
 
  This document specifies the frame format for transmission of IPv6
  packets and the method of forming IPv6 link-local addresses and
  statelessly autoconfigured addresses on FDDI networks.  It also
  specifies the content of the Source/Target Link-layer Address option
  used in Router Solicitation, Router Advertisement, Neighbor
  Solicitation, Neighbor Advertisement and Redirect messages when
  those messages are transmitted on an FDDI network.

Working Group Summary

  The Working Group last call produced no issues with this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document has been reviewed by Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten
  of the IESG.