Subject: Impact on existing TCP-MIB and UDP-MIB RFCs

From: Gary Hanson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 13:26:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Per the last call request on the drafts for the IPV6-TCP-MIB and
IPV6-UDP-MIB, I just have two very similar questions:

- Will a new RFC be issued that includes both the existing TCP-MIB
  and the new IPV6-TCP-MIB, or will a new RFC be issued that just
  includes the new IPV6-TCP-MIB and references back to RFC 2012?

- Will a new RFC be issued that includes both the existing UDP-MIB
  and the new IPV6-UDP-MIB, or will a new RFC be issued that just
  includes the new IPV6-UDP-MIB and references back to RFC 2013?

I was unable to tell from the drafts which approach was going to
be used, since both drafts say "It is assumed that the objects
defined in this memo will eventually be defined in an update to
[TCP MIB] (or [UDP MIB])."  I am mainly curious from the point of
view of whether RFC 2012 and 2013 are "short-timers" or should
continue to be referenced by other MIBs for some period of time....

Regards,
Gary

 ______
| ///  |       TM   Gary Hanson                [email-masked]
|   ADC|Kentrox     14375 NW Science Park Dr.  503-641-3321 (FAX)
|______|            Portland, Oregon  97229    800-733-5511 x6333