Subject: (IPng 6616) Re: fragmentation reassembly

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 17:21:45 -0700

> With regard to (1), I think we need to accept the weak model to allow,
> for example, a host attached to the receive end of a 
> unidirectional link

I think it would be tricky to get unidirectional links to work properly.
Consider Neighbor Unreachability Detection probes sent with link-local
addresses. The reply can't be sent using a different link.

Is IPv6 intended to support unidirectional links?

Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Steve Deering <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 17:30:57 -0700

> addresses. The reply can't be sent using a different link.

We already recognized that not all parts of ND are applicable to all
types of links.

> Is IPv6 intended to support unidirectional links?

It would be nice if we could answer "yes" to that question.

Steve
(Lemme outa here!)