Subject: L-Bit

From: "Christopher Balzereit" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 08:47:04 +0100

Another painful question concerning ND-Router advertisements:

For what reason should an router advertise an prefix which cannot be used for on link determination, i.e. with 
the L-bit in the prefix option set to zero?
Does this mean that the scope of such an prefix reaches beyond the link?

Thanks in advance,

Christopher

#######################
Dr. Christopher Balzereit,
ExperTeach Gesellschaft für Netzwerkkompetenz mbH,
Waldstraße 92, 63128 Dietzenbach,
Tel.: 06074/858-918,
Email: [email-masked]
#######################
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------