Subject: freeaddrinfo(NUL)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:45:23 +0900

A question was raised about freeaddrinfo(NULL).
	Is it permitted, or should we just SEGV?

	NRL freeaddrinfo (in linux glibc, and BIND8): permits it
	RFC2553: silent about it
	X/Open: www.xopen.org is unreachable from me
	KAME freeaddrinfo (in freebsd, netbsd, openbsd):
		last Monday snapshot does not permit it, wondering

	My personal preference is to SEGV.  I can find no reason to allow it
	except NRL compatibilty.

	due to freebsd code freeze, we need to get the answer VERY soon.
	please respond if you have any hints.

itojun
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------