Subject: Re: API suggestion

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 19:59:41 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

   	Separately,

=> I'd like to get standard function/macros to set/get the port field too
(I already have some but they are not (yet?) standardized).

        we may need some function/macro that manipulates sockaddr,
   	for:
   	- comparing two sockaddrs at ease.  family and length must match.
   	  i can think of:
   		- address (and scope) match
   		- port match
   		- address (and scope) and port match
   		- address (and scope) with certain prefix length match only.
   	- masking address with prefix length.
   	cmetz and francis wanted these.

=> I still want these (:-)!

Thanks

[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 19:59:41 +0100

Separately,

Thanks

[email-masked]