Subject: Re: comments on ipngwg-rfc2292bis-01

From: Tim Hartrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:38:09 -0800 (PST)

Erik,

> 
> > So I'll add ND_OPT_PI_FLAG_ROUTER.
> > Is there something else missing from the mobile IPv6 specification?
> 
> Sorry, I'm not an expert in mobile ip6...maybe some other people can
> answer this.
>

I don't have the spec in front of me but I believe that mobile IPv6 has
added some options, some of which MUST be supported by implementations.  I
think it would be a good idea to add those option code points to the
list of well known option code points.

tim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:40:53 -0800 (PST)

> list of well known option code points.

Those are already in 2292bis-01.

But I hadn't checked the spec for the ND extensions.

I found one more flag and I will add
	ND_RA_FLAG_HOME_AGENT
and I found two more ND options and will add them and their structures
#define  ND_OPT_ADVINTERVAL           7
#define  ND_OPT_HOMEAGENT_INFO        8

   Erik

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:40:53 -0800 (PST)

Erik