Subject: Ipv6 Internet Browser

From: Jacinto Vieira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:36:08 -0000

Someone could tell me what are the Internet browser that support IPv6.

Thanks in the advance

Luis J. Vieira
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jean-Michel COMBES <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:36:46 +0100

Hi,

here's a list of browsers supporting IPv6 :
    Microsoft Internet Explorer (www.research.microsoft.com/msripv6)
    Mozilla (ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/)
    Lynx (ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/)
    w3m (www.freebsd.org)

--

France Telecom - CNET/DTL/SSR
COMBES Jean-Michel, Internet/Intranet Security
E-Mail : [email-masked]
Phone +33 (0)1 45 29 45 94, Fax +33 (0)1 45 29 65 19

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:55:17 +0900

>    Lynx (ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/)

	It is also very useful to install IPv6/v4 dual stack proxy web server
	on your computer.  By doing so you can use your favorite (IPv4-only)
	web browser to access IPv6 web servers.

	IPv4 client --IPv4--> IPv4/v6 proxy --IPv6--> IPv6 web server

	wwwoffle does it very nicely.

itojun

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:40:06 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> perhaps this is the best solution because you can't easily get
the sources of a good browser...

[email-masked]

PS: with high level languages to recompile/relink the browser with
an IPv6 capable version of the language is usually enough.
I did this with MMM written in O'CAML (now MMM is dead) and
I know Grail works well with an IPv6 Python (get the Python socket library
at ftp.logique.jussieu.fr:/pub/distrib/ylg/socket6-1.2.tgz and try?)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------