Subject: RE: RFC 2462: Possible Denial of Service Attack

From: "Powell, Ken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:53:43 -0500

> 
> > I know of nothing a network administrator can do to recover in
> > less than two hours short of resetting IPv6 on each of the
> > client systems (probably with reboots).
> 
> You could mitigate the damage by having your routers provide proxy
> neighbor discovery service for the other prefixes.
> 
> 				Matt 

I had to think about this idea for a while. It think it could work,
but only if the router provides support for this. Has anyone
implemented such support?

Ken

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 12:26:03 +0900

>implemented such support?

	Do you mean proxy neighbor discovery support by "such support"?
	There are (at least, KAME does), but you may need to configure tons of
	proxy NDP entries for this ... of course, you may be able to automate
	if the trouble looks very popular.

itojun