Subject: Global IPv6 Summit: Cisco's CTO to Keynote

From: Marty Bickford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:49:25 -0800

Hello Folks,

Please pardon this announcement, but I hope you can all attend the summit.

------------------
Global IPv6 Summit - http://www.stardust.com/ipv6summit/
------------------
When:	March 13-16
Where:	Telluride, Colorado USA

Judy Estrin, Cisco's CTO is the opening keynote for the Global IPv6 Summit.

The Global IPv6 Summit is the industry's gathering on IPv6 adoption,
innovation and opportunity. The conference, workshops and IPv6 Forum
meetings are March 13-16, 2000 in the beautiful resort town of Telluride,
Colorado USA at the conference center in Mountain Village.

In this intimate setting (space is limited to 200 people) you will be able
to pose questions and debate with the leaders in this technology. Register
today for only $895 at http://www.stardust.com/ipv6summit/

At the summit we will focus on the deployments of IPv6 around the world,
explore why wireless and home networking technology demands IPv6, and
examine how IPv6 is presenting opportunities for application vendors,
service providers, content providers and enterprise network engineers.

Sessions will focus on
----------------------
- The Coming Tidal Wave of Applications
- The Industry's Roadmap
- "IPv6-Ready" Platforms and Routers
- IPv6 Around the World
- ISP Commercial Deployment
- IPv6 Customers
- IPv6 Standards
- IPv6 Forum Meetings

Who should attend? We expect the mix of summit attendees to include CEO's,
CIO's, CTO's, network engineers, architects, developers, scientists,
researchers, network managers and others who are responsible for networks
and network technology. Attendance is limited to 200 people.

Featured Keynote 
----------------
The New Internet presented by Judy Estrin, CTO of Cisco Systems

The promise of the New Internet is communications ubiquity; our appliances,
networks, electronic equipment, cars and even clothes will communicate with
us and with each other. But IPv6 is required for us to realize the full
potential of the global network.

Judy Estrin is Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President at Cisco
Systems. She is responsible for strategic technology planning and business
development including investments and acquisitions, consulting engineering
and advanced Internet projects, as well as legal and government affairs.

Speakers will Represent
-----------------------
@Home, 3Com, Advanced Systems Consulting, Cisco Systems, Compaq,
Ericsson-Telebit, InfiniBand Trade Association, Internet-Standard.com, MCI
WorldCom, Microsoft, NetworkWorld, Nokia, Nortel Networks, NTT, Sun, Telia,
Thomson-CSF, UCAID, UMTS Forum, UNAM, US Navy, and Viagénie.

Sponsors
--------
The Global IPv6 Summit is graciously sponsored by 3Com, Cisco, Compaq,
Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, Nortel Networks, Qwest, Sun Microsystems and
Teleglobe. Viagénie is sponsoring a free IPv6 tutorial on March 13th for
registered summit attendees.

Please email me or call with any questions at (408)879-8080.

Thanks,
Marty

---
Marty Bickford  - 408.879.8080 (8081-fax)
Stardust.com - http://www.stardust.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------