Subject: Question to IPv6 over Ethernet

From: RMi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:55:04 +0100

Hi all

Why there is not a RFC to transmission of IPv6 Packets over 
IEEE 802.3-Ethernet Networks (with LLC-sublayer) as well as 
RFC2019, 2464, 2467, etc. ?

Thanks in advance,
Ralf
-- 

*******************************
Ralf Michaelis
[email-masked]
Phone  +49 30 3497-3164

T-Nova Berkom
Goslarer Ufer 35
D-10315 Berlin
Germany
*******************************
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Dave Marquardt <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Feb 2000 08:54:01 -0600

> RFC2019, 2464, 2467, etc. ?

Because no one has been interested enough to write it yet.

-Dave

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:01:04 -0600

> RFC2019, 2464, 2467, etc. ?

Nobody wanted it.  Speaking from my own experience, having two ways
of doing IPv4 over ethernet did more harm than good.
______________________________________________________________________
Matt Crawford                [email-masked]                 Fermilab
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------