Subject: FYI - 4 week IETF Last Call on endpoint MIB

From: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 00 14:06:31 CET

Sorry, normally these get posted to the WG list too, but since
this was a Design Team effort... oh well, you have 3+ weeks left.

Since this is related to how IPv6 addresses get represented in MIBs
(in fact any IP address), it is of relevance to this WG. Your ADs
plust some WG members have been involved in the discussions.
I assume they did represent your WG well, but this is your chance
to read and comment.
I am not subscribed to this list. I would prefer that if any
discussion takes place, that the [email-masked] list is the
place to do that. If you do it here, then I hope that your ADs
or other WG members will pass it on to me or the mibs list.

Thanks,
Bert
------------- following is a copy ----------------
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:30:17 -0500
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce: ;
SUBJECT: Last Call: Textual Conventions for Internet Network Addresses
                    to Proposed Standard
Reply-to: [email-masked]

The IESG has received a request to consider Textual Conventions for
Internet Network Addresses <draft-ops-endpoint-mib-07.txt> as a
Proposed Standard. This has been reviewed in the IETF on the
[email-masked] mailing list, but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

This was produced by a Design Team that was formed by the Internet and
Operations and Management ADs.

This MIB module defines textual conventions to represent commonly
used Internet network layer addressing information. The intent is
that these definitions will be imported and used in MIBs that would
otherwise define their own representations.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by March 21, 2000.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ops-endpoint-mib-07.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------