Subject: TCP over IPv6

From: Murali Krishna Ch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:41:30 +0530

Hi

Is there any new implementation/RFCs for TCP for IPv6,  like UDP6 over IPv6? If not,
should we enhance TCP to work with IPv6 stack?

thanks and regards,
murali.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:16:59 +0900

>should we enhance TCP to work with IPv6 stack?

	TCP should work just fine on top of IPv6.  the only thing you need
	to change in the packet manipulation is pseudo header checksum.
	this is documend in rfc2460 chapter 8.

	(if you would like to support tcp over IPv6 jumbogram, you'll need
	lots of fixes)

itojun

---

From: Gururaj A <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 23:30:15 -0800

refer  RFC 2147
Guru