Subject: sin6_scope_id = 0

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 23:54:59 -0500

If sin6_scope_id = ZERO then that MUST mean that the site-identifier is
not specified and the implementation should use a default.

I believe this will work for both Hosts and Routers if Routers adhere to
draft-ietf-ipngwg-scoped-routing-02.txt, because on the router it will
not advertise site-prefixes on the default interface.

Can I hear some consensus for this?

thanks
/jim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Brian Haberman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:58:42 -0500

Jim,
     I agree.

Brian

--
Brian Haberman
Nortel Networks
[email-masked]