Subject: RE: UPDATE rfc2553bis Update for IPv6 Extended address scope

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:41:42 -0800

> Thats why I brought it up.  Yes you can have two intefaces 
> with the same
> link-local address, but not on the same link.  The issue is not the
> link-local address but the identifer for the interface we have been
> discussiong le0, le1, tu0, ewa1, etc... 

OK, I was just confused by the term "link-identifier".

Btw, when getnameinfo is called with NI_NUMERICHOST, I assume it should
return both the address and the scope-id in numeric form?

Thanks,
Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 20:40:02 -0500

>return both the address and the scope-id in numeric form?

I think that is correct but unclear what one will do with it?
Could of just called getaddrinfo in the first place?
oh well...

/jim