Subject: HELP: Routing question

From: Raja Azlina <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 17:52:00 +0800

We are a subNLA(::/44) with no downstreams(leaf-sites) connected to us
just yet.  All these while, we are connected to pTLAs that either
advertise for us their own prefix(::/24) or the 6bone prefix(::/16).

What I don't understand is the advantages/disadvantages of either
advertising only certain perfix or the otherwise.  What is the impact of
doing so to us as well as the 6bone commnunity?  I know one's policy
determines its bgp4 configuration, but I wish someone could tell me the
best current practice of running bgp4+ these days.

Appreciate all the help.  Thanks in advance.

regards,
~~azlina

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------