Subject: RFC 2928 on Initial IPv6 Sub-TLA ID Assignments

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:11:36 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2928

        Title:	    Initial IPv6 Sub-TLA ID Assignments
        Author(s):  R. Hinden, S. Deering, R. Fink, T. Hain
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       September 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 11882
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tlal-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2928.txt

This document defines initial assignments of IPv6 Sub-Top-Level
Aggregation Identifiers (Sub-TLA ID) to the Address Registries.  It is
intended as technical input to the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
(IANA) from the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Internet
Protocol Next Generation (IPNG) and Next Generation Transition
(NGTRANS) working groups, as an input to the process of developing
guidelines for the allocation of IPv6 addresses.
 
This document was originally developed to provide advice to IANA in
the fall of 1998 and is being published at this time for the
historical record.  The Internet Architecture Board (IAB) subsequently
requested that the IANA delegate these assignments to the Address
Registries.  The IANA did this and the Address Registries are now
using them to assign IPv6 addresses.

This document is a product of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.