Subject: Applications over IPv6

From: Okoziem Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 17:32:30 -0400

Hi ,

I am curious to know if there is any work currently being done with
applications (TFTP, Telnet, FTP,  Ping, Traceroute, etc )
with regards IPv6? Are there any white papers available?
I found some information in RFC 1545 - FTP Over Big Address.  And
so far I have been told about RFC 2428 which is also on FTP. Any
other information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

---Kozi

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ignatios Souvatzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 17:45:15 +0200

> applications (TFTP, Telnet, FTP,  Ping, Traceroute, etc )

On my favourite OS, telnet, ftp, ping and traceroute work.
I never tried tftp...

> other information will be greatly appreciated!

Applications that do NOT transfer addresses over some data channel, but just
use TCP or UDP, are just fine. For ping and traceroute, there are special
version in some OSes, as the calling interface for v6 allows them to be 
written differently.

Regards,
	-is