Subject: The Global IPv6 Summit in Japan

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 15:18:53 +0900 (JST)

# This is the third try since the previously posted message have not
# delivered. Sorry if you receive duplicated messages.

Hello IPv6 folks,

"The Global IPv6 Summit in Japan" will be held in the next week of
IETF San Diego at Osaka city, Japan. Most presentations/panels are
spoken in Japanese but we prepare translators between Japanese and
English. So, we would like to call for your participation.

Also you have a chance to appeal your IPv6 business in a session. We
would also like to call for your presentations.

// Steering Group of the Global IPv6 Summit in Japan

----
	Call for participation and presentations for
	"the Global IPv6 Summit in Japan"

<<Abstract>>

The Global IPv6 Summit, under the organization of the IPv6 Forum, is
held regularly around the world to accelerate the deployment of
IPv6. We are happy to announce that this conference will be held in
Japan, one of the leading countries in the areas of IPv6 development
and deployment.

The Internet is built on the foundations of the Internet Protocol
(IP). The current version of IP is named IPv4 after its version
number. The total number of devices that IPv4 can identify is limited
to about 4.3 billion. It's hard to see the Internet becoming the
foundation of a true, universal communications infrastructure when
this number is compared to the human population.

In fact, it is expected that the entire address space of IPv4 will be
exhausted by around 2008. So, address assignment/allocation is
currently being carried out under a very restrictive policy. NAT
(Network Address Translator) was introduced as a temporary solution,
resulting in the loss of some of the original functionality of the
Internet.

The principles of the Internet are end-to-end and bidirectional
communication. This means every node can communicate with every other
freely without any restrictions caused by intermediate nodes. Since
NAT broke these principles, it became difficult for unexpected novel
applications to appear in the current environment of the Internet.

To resolve the exhaustion of IP addresses, extending its address space
is a straightforward solution. IPv6, the next generation of IP,
provides a huge number of IP addresses and makes NAT obsolete allowing
the Internet to recover its original principles.

IPv6 is a paradigm recovery for applications. After deploying IPv6 and
recovering end-to-end/bidirectional communication, we cannot imagine
what kind of applications will appear.

This conference will introduce the current deployment status of IPv6
throughout the world. Also, panel discussions are planned, both on
"How IPv6 will Change Business" and on "Case Studies: Making the
Change to IPv6".

Getting Internet people together, including those who are involved in
IPv6 activities and IPv4 business and management, we intend to discuss
the future of Internet business and the direction of engineering.
This conference will be beneficial for everyone including, but not
limited to, engineers, researchers, network managers and business
people. We would like to invite each of you to participate.

<<The Host>>

	Steering Group of the Global IPv6 Summit in Japan
	(Contact: [email-masked])

<<Logistics>>

	Date:
		December 18 - 19, 2000
		(As a part of Internet Week 2000)
	Venue: 
		Grand Cube Osaka (Osaka International Convention Center)
		5-3-51, Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-0005, JAPAN
		Phone: +81-6-4803-5555
		Fax:   +81-6-4803-5620
		E-mail: [email-masked]
		http://www.gco.co.jp/index.html
		(The same place as Internet Week 2000)

<<Registration Fee>>

	<Conference Fee>

			Early registration	Regular/
			discount		On-site registration
			(until Oct 31)
	Non-student	10,000 JPY		15,000 JPY
	Student		 2,000 JPY		 2,000 JPY

	<Reception Fee>

	Non-student	 5,000 JPY
	Student		 3,000 JPY

<<Program>>

	December 18 (Mon)

		Keynote Speech 1: Dr. Jun Murai, WIDE Project
		Session 1: Business report on IPv6 in Japan
		Session 2: Status report from Asian countries
		Session 3: Panel on how IPv6 will change business

		Reception

	December 19 (Tue)

		Keynote Speech 2: Dr. Steve Deering, Cisco Systems
		Session 4: Business report on IPv6 around the world
		Session 5: Case Studies: Making the Change to IPv6

<<Participation>>

This conference will be held as a part of Internet Week 2000. Please
refer to the following page for registration:

	http://www.jp.ipv6forum.com/

<<Presentation Proposals>>

The program committee calls for presentation proposal for "Session 4:
Business report of IPv6 around the world". Candidates are sTLA holders
and IPv6 vendors. Please propose a "10 minutes" presentation on your
IPv6 business.

If you would like to give a presentation, please send an e-mail
message in the following form. Please note that we may not accept all
proposals due to the time limitations of the program.

Format:			See below
Deadline:		September 30, 2000
Notification date:	October 6, 2000

	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: presentation proposal

	Name		:
	Title		:
	Email		:
	Telephone number:
	Organization	:
	Department	:

	Your proposal in plain text (no more than 250 words)
	explaining as concretely as possible your point of view and
	what kind of presentation can be expected.
----
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------