Subject: VoIP and IPv6

From: "Amit Datta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:31:20 -0400

Hi!
I am working on a thesis on Voice over IP with possible implementations of
the same in a educational institution.

All the available articles point out to the QoS problem IP has (basically
lag>250ms) rendering it a wee bit untolerable. I know that VoIP works
great in a controlled environment (LAN/WAN) and VoFR and VoATM is even
better.

I am looking at any article that might explain or clarify if IPv6 or IPnG
will address this QoS issue and the voice packets prioritisation problem.

Also, if any one can point me to Case Studies of busines corporations
(cisco, lucent, any F500 company) that has sucessfully implemented VoIP
over their private Intranets?

Thanks!
Any help would be a life saver.
I have pretty much ran into a cul-de-sac here with my research.

Cheers!
Amit Datta
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY 14623

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------