Subject: RE: Regarding the Options headers

From: "Thomas Eklund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:06:27 +0100

Hi Itojun,

> 	I believe thomas would like to see more use of flow label, like
> 	for every TCP sessions.  though there's no guarantee
> that flow label
> 	will identify each of TCP sessions (intermediate routes
> cannot trust
> 	the behavior of TCP endpoints), flow label should give thomas
> 	a good indication for doing layer 4 classification.
>
> itojun

What I said is that since the flow label is unassigned people are
classifying their in their acces based on l4 info as well in  the
classification... I would on the other hand not object if in where mandatory
for a host to set its flow label...

-- thomas

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Thomas Eklund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:12:43 +0900

Hi Itojun,

-- thomas