Subject: draft-ietf-ipngwg-default-addr-select-02

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 01:07:58 -0800

I just submitted this revision:

ftp://ftp.research.microsoft.com/users/richdr/draft-ietf-ipngwg-default-addr
-select-02.txt

It is a fairly substantial revision, so if you haven't reviewed this draft
recently now would be a good time. The main changes are:

   Added Examples section, demonstrating default behavior and some 
   policy table configuration scenarios. 

   Removed many uses of MUST. Remaining uses concern the candidate set 
   of source addresses and the source address selection rule that 
   prefers source addresses of appropriate scope. 

   Simplified the default policy table. Reordered the source address 
   selection rules to reduce the influence of policy labels. Added more 
   destination address selection rules. 

   Added scoping of v4-compatible and 6to4 addresses based on the 
   embedded IPv4 address. 

   Changed references to anonymous addresses to use the new term, 
   temporary addresses. 

   Clarified that a user-level implementation of destination address 
   ordering, which does not have knowledge of the outgoing interface 
   for each destination, may use a looser definition of the candidate 
   set. 

   Clarified that an implementation should prevent an application or 
   upper-layer from choosing a source address that is not in the 
   candidate set and not prevent an application or upper-layer from 
   choosing a source address that is in the candidate set. 

   Miscellaneous editorial changes, including adding some missing 
   references. 

If you feel you've contributed to the draft, please let me know so I can add
you to the acknowledgments section.

As usual, comments & discussion are welcome.

Thanks,
Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------