Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kitamura-ipv6-record-route-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:16:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Record Route for IPv6 (RR6) Hop-by-Hop Option 
                          Extension
	Author(s)	: H. Kitamura
	Filename	: draft-kitamura-ipv6-record-route-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 17-Nov-00
	
This document proposes a 'Record Route for IPv6 (RR6)' mechanism.  It
is composed of one new IPv6 hop-by-hop option (RR6 option) extension.
The RR6 mechanism is redesigned to establish an optimized record
route mechanism for IPv6. Two types of new features are introduced.
1. In order to prevent scalability problems and to make the mechanism
flexible, the beginning and ending points of the data recording range
are controlled by using their specifiers.
2. In order to record long IPv6 addresses efficiently, a simple
address compression method is introduced. Since the compression is
achieved by utilizing characteristics of recorded IPv6 addresses
effectively, the mechanism is efficient and optimized for IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-ipv6-record-route-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kitamura-ipv6-record-route-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-ipv6-record-route-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.