Subject: draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-ind-04.txt

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:40:38 -0500

Alex,

In discussing this document (which the WG requested be advanced as
PS), the IESG had the following question:
 
If a node has anonymous address (per
draft-ietf-ipngwg-addrconf-privacy-03.txt), are those IPv6 addresses
also included in IND responses? The document should make this clear.

Thomas
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alex Conta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:37:57 -0500

Thomas,

Thanks for the suggestion. In response to this, that is, to add more
clarity, I am going to 
modify the text in Section 3.1 (which defines the Source/Target Address
List) as follows:

<<<
	Note: An implementation MUST NOT send duplicates in the IPv6 address.
<<<
will be replaced with:
	Note 1: The scope of the Inverse Neighbor Discovery mechanism is
limited
	to IPv6 address discovery, that is, providing address mapping
	information. Therefore, Inverse Neighbor Discovery does not make any 
	provisions or rules regarding how a node uses the addresses that were 
        returned in an Inverse Discovery message. Furthermore, it does
not exclude 
        any particular type of IPv6 address from the Source or Target
Address List. 
        For example, if an interface has manually configured, and
autoconfigured 
        addresses,
	including temporary ones, unicast, multicast, etc..., the list should
	not exclude any. 

	Note 2: An implementation MUST NOT send duplicates in the IPv6 address.
A new draft containing this modification will be made available shortly.

Thanks,
Alex