Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-1394-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 06:40:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 1394 Networks
	Author(s)	: K. Fujisawa, A. Onoe
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-1394-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 14-Nov-00
	
IEEE Std 1394-1995 is a standard for a High Performance Serial Bus.
This document describes the frame format for transmission of IPv6
[IPV6] packets and the method of forming IPv6 link-local addresses
and statelessly autoconfigured addresses on IEEE1394 networks.
It also describes the content of the Source/Target Link-layer Address
option used in Neighbor Discovery [DISC] when the messages are
transmitted on an IEEE1394 network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-1394-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-1394-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-1394-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Atsushi Onoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:26:28 +0900 (JST)

We submitted the new WG draft recently.  This is updated draft for
draft-fujisawa-ip1394-ipv6-04.txt, which I presented at last IETF.
Changes from the previous version are:

	- make IPng working group draft
	- remove "Open Issues"
	- add "Security Considerations"
	- add "IANA Considerations"
	- some editorial fixes

Since there are no significant issues noticed for the previous version,
we think it's ready to request WG last call for Proposed Standard.

Note that there are two (possibly not independent, though) interoperable
implementations.  One is Sony's proprietery implementation on FreeBSD/KAME
which passed interoperability test event for IEEE1394 over IPv4 at the
ip1394 WG.  The other was recently introduced to NetBSD current by me.
NetBSD current still lacks of the IRM capability, which is mandatory
to share a bus among IPv4/IPv6 and Digital Vidio, etc.  But the requirement
for IRM capability is exactly same between IPv4 and IPv6, so we are sure
that there are no interoperability issues.

Regards,

Atsushi Onoe

> transmitted on an IEEE1394 network.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------