Subject: Telnet extensions for IPv6

From: "Niveda Monyvannan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 12:41:31 +0530

Hello,
            where can i find the spec/draft for telnet extensions for
supporting IPv6 
Regards,
Niveda
         
----------------------------------------
http://mail.indiainfo.com
First you had 10MB of free mail space.
Now you can send mails in your own language !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:33:24 -0600

>             where can i find the spec/draft for telnet extensions for

Not to be flippant, but "What extensions?"  The telnet protocol
doesn't need any extensions, once your TCP understands how to do the
pseudo-header checksum when IPv6 is the network layer.

Ah, if you mean extensions to a particular telnet *program*, that's
up to the author or vendor of the program, not the IETF.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------