Subject: Commercial IPv6 implementations

From: "Radha Gowda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:49:58 -0500

Are there any commercially available "IPv6 core and extensions"
implementations in the market?  If not, anyone with plans to make them
available sometime next year?

Thanks,
Radha

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:40:09 +0900

>available sometime next year?

	I'm not sure wht you mean by "commercial", but there are a lot of
	them, with official support (you can call up help desk).
	to give you an example: Solaris 2.8.
	try http://playground.sun.com/ipng/.

itojun

---

From: Ignatios Souvatzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:48:00 +0100

> available sometime next year?

Excerpts from the ipv6.org listings:

AIX 4.3 ships with an IPv6 implementation built in.
BSDI's BSD/OS v4.0 ships with an IPv6 implementation built in.
Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1 contains Internet Protocol Version 6
Solaris 8 ships with an IPv6 implementation built in.

In addition, some commercial OS vendors offer IPv6 add-ons.

There are also Router vendors that ship with v6, e.g., Telebit, Hitachi,
Nortel.

Note that this information is necessarily incomplete.

Regards,
	-is

---

From: "Radha Gowda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:40:24 -0500

> try http://playground.sun.com/ipng/.

Thanks for all the responses.   I should have been more clear.  We are
looking to purchase an IPv6 stack along with routing protocol extensions
that we can port to our platform. We were looking for a commercial
implementation so we can get the technical and maintenace support.   I'd
looked into IPv6 forum prior to posting on this mailing list.  Most of the
publicly available ones seemed like host implementations.  Perhaps I did not
do my homework right!