Subject: IPv6 Routing

From: Doron Hirsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 15:44:53 +0200

Greetings,

Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to IPv6. 
I am puzzled about the following two issues and would appreciate your help.

1) Where can I find information regarding IPv6 routing?
2) Where are the Hop-by-Hop & Destination options defined? [I could not find
references in 2460] 

Kind regards,
Hirsch Doron.

---

From: Frederic SOULIER <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 15:20:55 +0100

Dear Doron,

> Doron Hirsch wrote:
[snip]
> 1) Where can I find information regarding IPv6 routing?
All the routing processes are explained in RFC-2460. If you are not
experienced with IPv4 routing may be you have to begin with related
documentations too.

> 2) Where are the Hop-by-Hop & Destination options defined? [I could
> not find references in 2460]
RFC-2460 : Specifications of the hop-by-hop and the destination options
header are respectively in 4.3 and 4.6.
RFC-2292 may help you too (respectively section 6 and 7).

Best wishes,

Frederic.

-- 
Frederic SOULIER  -  OS Engineer  -  Alcatel Telecom
                 1, rue du docteur Albert Schweitzer
Phone: +33 3 90 67 68 50 - F-67400 Illkirch (FRANCE)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------