Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipaddressassign-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 06:29:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A method for flexible IPv6 address assignments
	Author(s)	: M. Blanchet
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipaddressassign-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 30-Nov-00
	
This document presents a method that helps organisations that makes
addressing plan for IP addresses.  The flexibility enables the
organisation to postpone the final decision on the number of bits to
partition in the address space they have. It does it by keeping the
bits around the borders of the partition to be free as long as
possible.  This scheme is applicable to any bits addressing scheme
using bits with partitions in the space, but its first intended use
is for IPv6. It is a generalization of RFC1219 and can be used for
IPv6 assignments based on RFC2373 and RFC2374.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipaddressassign-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipaddressassign-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipaddressassign-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.