Subject: RAT and SDR

From: "Emanuel Moreira" <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Dec 2000 17:16:15 -0000

I'm trying to use RAT and SDR applications but when I try to run them the following message appears:
for SDR.exe
"The procedure entry point getnodebyname could not be located in the dynamic link library WSHIP6.dll."
for RAT.exe
"The procedure entry point inet6_addr could not be located in the dynamic link library WSHIP6.dll."

What does this mean?
Thanks
Emanuel Moreira

_____________________________________________________________
O e-mail preferido dos portugueses http://www.portugalmail.pt
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page: http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive: ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Joris Dobbelsteen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:22:57 +0100

You are probably running "Windows 2000" with "IPv6 Technology Preview
for Windows 2000". A error like this occured also on my system with the
same config, when trying to run ncFTP, obtained from Microsoft Research.
 
Probably you need the version released at Microsoft Research and not the
Technology Preview. MSR also states these are different releases.
 
Please look at Microsoft research : www.research.microsoft.com
<http://www.research.microsoft.com>  -> Current Research -> Network ->
IPv6. Download the MSR IPv6 kit from there (also suitable for Windows
NT)....
Please don't contact me about future problems with this issue, I don't
know whether it works or something, just a feeling about this issue...
 
- Joris

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Emanuel Moreira
Sent: Wednesday 06 December, 2000 18:16
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: RAT and SDR

I'm trying to use RAT and SDR applications but when I try to run them
the following message appears: for SDR.exe "The procedure entry point
getnodebyname could not be located in the dynamic link library
WSHIP6.dll." for RAT.exe "The procedure entry point inet6_addr could not
be located in the dynamic link library WSHIP6.dll." What does this mean?
Thanks Emanuel Moreira
_____________________________________________________________ O e-mail
preferido dos portugueses http://www.portugalmail.pt
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List IPng Home Page:
http://playground.sun.com/ipng FTP archive:
ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng Direct all administrative requests to
[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------