Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-francis-ipngwg-site-def-00.txt

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:51:33 -0700

> Tell me a good reason why we couldn't run the whole of IBM world-wide
> as a single site-local scope, if we wanted to?

Well, one good reason: you probably need more than 16 bits for numbering
your subnets. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 17:25:50 -0500

> Well, one good reason: you probably need more than 16 bits for numbering

If I knew the answer to that, I probably wouldn't be allowed to tell
you, but if that's the only problem I am reassured.

The date on Paul's draft has been pointed out to me. Thank you. Good night.

   Brian