Subject: ipngwg / ngtrans interim meeting

From: Steve Deering <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:56:20 -0700

Information about the interim meeting of the IPv6 working
groups on May 30, 31, and June 1 is now available at http://research.microsoft.com/ietf-ipv6-meeting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Steve Deering <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:44:13 -0700

Further regarding the interim meeting, here's the rough outline of
the planned use of the three days:

  Wednesday, May 30

       9:00 -  9:30  Introductions, Local Arrangements, Etc.

       9:30 - 17:00  Joint meeting with 3GPP community, to discuss
                     details of the use of IPv6 in forthcoming 3GPP
                     Standards.

  Thursday, May 31

       9:00 - 17:00  IPv6 working group meeting

  Friday, June 1

       9:00 - 12:00  IPv6 working group meeting

      13:00 - 17:00  NGtrans working group meeting

If necessary to provide sufficient discussion time, the meetings may
be extended into the evenings of Wednesday and/or Thursday.

IPv6 Working Group topics will include:

      - Follow-up from 3GPP discussions
      - Flow Label definition
      - Scoped Address Architecture
      - Updates to Addressing Architecture and Unicast Aggregation specs
      - Site renumbering guidelines
      - DNS discovery
      - (other topics to-be-determined)

NGtrans Working Group topics will include:

       - Intra-site tunneling techniques
	    - review of the different tunneling mechanisms in the context
              of intra-site communications
	    - resolution of issues around the isatap proposal

        - Transition tool combination matrix
	    - scoping the mechanisms to break the matrix into smaller
              components
	    - reviewing the compatibility issues

      - (other topics to-be-determined)

Please send requests for additional agenda topics to the chairs of
the appropriate working group.

Steve