Subject: Implementation Routing IPv6

From: Sahatma NP Hasibuan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:57:11 +0700 (JAVT)

I have a final project (as a requirement to pass my Bachelor degree) about
implementation IPv6 in my Telematic Lab. (LAN) at Bandung Institute of
Technology (Indonesia) majoring in Routing by using FreeBSD (v4.2)
paltform.

1. But, first I have no idea what I should do first.
   Please, help me to know the step-by-step or tips and tricks.

2. I have no experience in IPv6 especially at socket
   programming. 
   Do I have to learn and use it to implement routing IPv6?

3. I have read some articel/presentation/publication about overview IPv6
   from internet. I think it's not enough to get acknowledge in IPv6.

4. I have no book reference about IPv6. It needs too much money to buy
   IPv6 book from Internet because of economic crisis in my country.
   Anyone can tell me how to get it with a low price or maybe free :)?  
   
5. If I have to use routing protocol what kind of routing protocol I can
   use (RIP, OSPF, IGRP, BGP, IS-IS) and where I can get the source
   code/software related to it.

6. Does DNS or Multihoming have realtion to Routing aspect?
   If yes, can you tell me what does DNS and Multihoming mean specially 
   with Routing?

        The World is Full of Beauty
                   When
         The Heart is Full of Love

     Stop Violence and Discrimination
             Save Our Earth  &
          Re-Foresting Start Here

 *****************************************
( *           God Bless Us !            * )
(  ** ()                           () **  )
( *     :> ATMA Hs_BUANA Jr.Inc. <:     * )
 *****************************************

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:04:19 +0300

Hi,

Try http://hs247.com , http://www.bieringer.de/linux/IPv6/index.html or one
of the many howto's as described earlier. Get a good understanding of IPv6,
install it on your machine and create a tunnel, possibly to
http://www.freenet6.net and try it out. There are any free routers which can
be run under FreeBSD such as zebra (http://www.zebra.org) and mrtd
(http://www.mrtd.net.

For articles and info, try the RFCs or google for IPv6, whitepapers or
whatever.

Try them out, if they don't work, post a question on here.

PW

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ext Sahatma NP Hasibuan [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 03 April, 2001 3:57
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Implementation Routing IPv6
> 
> 
>