Subject: Re: Flow Label

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 14:10:08 -0500 (EST)

> Perhaps there is some other way to solve the problem, like
> uniform agreement among service providers on
> diffserv code points 

I expect that will happen over time

>  some kind of authentication on the
> traffic classification field, so that the service
> provider could authenticate that it hadn't
> been changed in transit?

I do not think the issue is 'has teh field changed' I think the issue
is 'am I getting teh service I'm asking for' - you could be getting
the service even if the field is changed and you might not
get the service even if the field is not changed

Scott
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------