Subject: IP Tunnel MIB

From: "Daniel Feldman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 20:11:30 +0200

Dear IPNG and L2TP groups,
	RFC 2667 deals with IP Tunnel MIB, which is needed for the L2TP
MIB. However, it only supports IPv4:

"Finally, this MIB does not support tunnels over non-IPv4 networks
(including IPv6 networks).  Management of such tunnels  may be supported
by other MIBs."

	Is there any work on such an MIB? It is required for having L2TP
over IPv6...

	Thanks in advance,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daniel Feldman
System Engineer, IC4IC Ltd.
office: +972(4)959-4644 ext. 121
mobile: +972(55)990-299
fax:    +972(4)959-4944
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "W. Mark Townsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 16:45:04 -0800

Daniel Feldman wrote:
>         Is there any work on such an MIB? 

Not that I know of.

> It is required for having L2TP
> over IPv6...

I pinged the list back in March about L2TP over IPv6 and received nothing but
deafening silence. I would hope that any changes in the MIB to support L2TP over
IPv6 would be very, very, minimal.

> _______________________________________________
> L2tpext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext