Subject: ICMPv6 extend possibility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:26:48 +0800

Hi, folks,

I am newbie to this list. I apologize if my question causes problem to
this list.

First of all, I understand that IETF has it's own way and pace, so, my
idea is just an idea (mean nothing):

I recently come up with an idea about extending ICMPv6. I wonder if it
is possible to add some new ability to extend ICMPv6 to cope with more
congestion control information exchanging. And if possible, add some
extensions that can help exchanging information about available bandwidth
and do some reservation jobs (yes, my idea is partly overlapping with
RSVP). The routing protocol and decision making algorithms are independent
of ICMP in this scenario.

I know my idea is very stupid, but I want to know what people think here
about my idea, so, please don't be hesitate to tell me or all of us your
attitude for this (if you are interested in it).

620
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------