Subject: Multicast IPv6 routing

From: António Amaral <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:13:27 -0000

Hello,
I am studying the multicast IPv6 and I have two questions:

1)      The routing protocol used for multicast IPv6 is the PIM6 (Protocol Independent Multicast Routing in the Internet Protocol Version 6). Is there any recent document where this protocol is described, or exists only the "draft-ietf-pim-ipv6-03.txt" of 2000?

2)      Exists any other routing protocol for multicast IPv6?

Best regards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
   António Manuel Nunes C. Amaral      
   Instituto de Telecomunicações - Pólo de Aveiro      
   Campus Universitário
   3810-193 AVEIRO - PORTUGAL
   Telef. 234 - 377900
   Fax. 234 - 377901
   e-mail: [email-masked]                                  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:15:52 -0500

The contents of draft-ietf-pim-ipv6-xx.txt has been incorporated into
the revised PIM-SM spec (draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-04.txt).  There are
no other multicast routing protocols defined for IPv6 though I do know
of at least one implementation of DVMRP for IPv6.

Regards,
Brian

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------