Subject: RE: Changes to MLD to support Anycast

From: "Hesham Soliman (ERA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:37:03 +0200

> > - node with anycast address(*) participating routing exchange
  > >         pros: deployable now, routing protocol has mechanisms for
  > >                 protecting against malicious route 
  > injection (sometimes
  > >                 they are just "use IPsec"...)
  > >         cons: some hates it when the node is a host
  > 
  > And how does a host, on the same link with the anycast-capable node,
  > know to find that node locally?  Do we have to accept triangular
  > routing from host to router to anycast-capable node?

=> router redirects? Am I missing your point?

Hesham

  > 
  > Brian
  > --------------------------------------------------------------------
  > IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
  > IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
  > FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
  > Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
  > --------------------------------------------------------------------
  > 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------