Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-02.txt (fwd)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:35:53 +0300 (EEST)

Hello,

This is the new version of the draft.  I've expanded the scope a bit, to 
mention problems with non-64 prefix lengths in general too, due to 
comments.  One that's missing is that stateless address autoconfiguration 
doesn't work.

Please see if the changes in the draft seem to be in conflict with your
opinions.  I intend to push this as personal submission to IESG for
informational or BCP.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 07:25:55 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Use of /127 Prefix Length Between Routers Considered 
                          Harmful
	Author(s)	: P. Savola
	Filename	: draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-02.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 30-Apr-02
	
In some cases, the operational decision may be to use IPv6 /127
prefix lengths, especially on point-to-point links between routers.
Under certain situations, this may lead to one router claiming both
addresses due to subnet-router anycast being implemented.  This draft
discusses the issue and offers a couple of solutions to the problem;
nevertheless, /127 should be avoided between two routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-02.txt
[...]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------