Subject: About Home Address Option in Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:34:55 +0800

Hi All,

I am now reading "draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-16.txt".

My questions are as follows:
1. Am I reading the latest draft?

2.Is it necessary to have a Home Address Option, since the Binding Update
Destination
Option already has a Home Address field which gives the home address of the
mobile node? It will be redundant for the Binding Update to include a Home
Address Option, why there is the redundancy?

3.It is stated in section 5.1.6 of the draft that:

"A Binding Update message to the correspondent node MUST NOT include the
Home Address option in order to avoid reflection attacks..."  which
contradicts the statement made in section 8.2 that:

"Before accepting a Binding Update option received in any packet, the
receiving node MUST validate the Binding Update according to the following
tests:

-...
- The packet MUST contain a Home Address option.
..."

If both statements are true, according to them, all Binding Updates sent to
the correspondent node (not including the home agent) will be discarded.
What's wrong?

Thanks!

ZHANG Hongyuan

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------