Subject: RE: DAD or DIIDD

From: "Dave Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:12:57 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Erik Nordmark [mailto:[email-masked]]
[...]
> I personally think the simpler approach of just saying that we do DAD
> (and not DIIDD) makes sense at this point in time.

I agree.  The mobile-ip question is actually identical to the
multilink subnet question I raised at the Interim meeting in
Seattle.  (The mobile-ip use is just a special case of the
generic multilink subnet spec.)

It is simpler to just require DAD, and indeed it would be good
if an update to 2462 removed the problematic text.

-Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------