Subject: Configured Tunnel

From: christophe preguica <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 17:51:22 +0200

Hi,

Do we allow unidirectional tunnels ?

router A------------------->------------------router B
dual stack                                            dual stack

A tunnel is configured on A with:
IPv4 source @ = Av4
IPv4 destination @ = Bv4

There is not a configured tunnel on B with A as destination.

When a packet is received by B from A (IPv6 packet encapsulated in
IPv4), do we need to check whether or not a tunnel is configured from B
to A (after decapsulation) before forwarding the packet to the IPv6 next
hop?

Kind regards,

Christophe.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:49:54 +0900

>Do we allow unidirectional tunnels ?

	if my understanding is correct, RFC1993/2893 describes unidirectional
	tunnels, however, most of implementations in the wild implements
	bidirectional tunnels.

itojun
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------