Subject: draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2553bis-05.txt and Multicast JOIN/LEAVE

From: Markku Savela <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 17:07:30 +0300

I seem to have a memory that someone passingly hinted that the
interface index might be replaced with a scope id in multicast join
and leave group socket option.

Should I be prepared for such change in future?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 15:48:23 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

   
=> this can't work without a lot of work when the zone has more than
one interface... but I agree the multicast and IPv6 APIs should be more
coherent.

Regards

[email-masked]