Subject: Re: Mobile + Multicast + Scopes (draft-ietf-ipngwg-scoping-arch-03.txt)

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 12:05:43 +0900

>>>>> On 01 May 2002 00:53:04 +0200, 
>>>>> Xavier Brouckaert <[email-masked]> said:

> In draft-ietf-ipngwg-scoping-arch-03 Section Mobility, authors say : 
> "the mobile node MUST NOT try to have a tunnel back into its old zone
> for the purposes of attempting such communication".

As presented in the Minneapolis meeting, this section will be totally
revised in the 04 draft, where we won't have MUST nor MUST NOT in the
Mobility section.  So, could you just wait for the next version of the
draft for now, please?

> Is there a way for a mobile node to discover that he has left his
> home-site ?  AFAIK, Router Advertisements only contain prefixes, but no
> information about scopes.

Unfortunately, there is no such mechanism, so we need something such
as manual configuration to give a hint to the MN.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------